Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #616
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
There are some great titles on that romance list, including a preorder for Michele Sagara - Cast in Ruin! I can't decide if I want that or one of the erotica titles.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #617
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Kindle Monthly Deals

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000706171

Every month, choose from 100 great titles priced at $3.99 or less. Titles are hand-selected by our editors and usually span a range of genres including novels, memoirs, and thrillers.

September titles include Kurt Vonnegut's classic short story collection, Welcome to the Monkey House; M.T. Anderson's dystopian cyberpunk novel, Feed; and Jack Higgins's reimagining of the desperate last days of a famous American outlaw, Dillinger. Shop this month's selection now.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #618
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
New special offers today. Both of them are claim by September 29th

Save $10 on a $25 purchase of select season one TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray

1. Visit this page to shop for select season one TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray sold by Amazon.com and add items totaling $25 or more to your Shopping Cart.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000720651

2. At checkout, enter the following code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes"

Your $10 discount will be reflected in the "Order Summary" on the final order checkout page.

3. Complete your order before this promotion expires at 11:59 pm (PDT) Saturday, October 29, 2011.

Save 50% on a Kindle power adapter & USB cable at Amazon.com

To claim this offer:

1. Visit this page to shop for the Kindle power adapter & USB cable sold by Amazon.com and add one or more to your Shopping Cart.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O8682Y/ref=kap_719_shop

2. At checkout, enter the following code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box:
Your 50% discount will be reflected in the "Order Summary" on the final order checkout page.

3. Complete your order before this promotion expires at 11:59 pm (PDT) Saturday, October 29, 2011.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #619
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Should be a third offer on the KSO today - $10 off $20 at WAG.COM (pet stuff, subsidiary of an amazon owned company). Same signup date and expiration as the other two.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #620
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
I have to say that this round of KSO screen saver ads are looking less generic and more artsy/creative.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #621
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Should be a third offer on the KSO today - $10 off $20 at WAG.COM (pet stuff, subsidiary of an amazon owned company). Same signup date and expiration as the other two.
I'll be using this one for my co-worker that has 2 birds. He already picked out some toys and such for his girls.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #622
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Instructions for Redeeming Offers

These offers are exclusive to Kindles w/ Special Offers and only available in the United States. Owners of regular Kindles may also subscribe to these offers by visiting Manage Your Devices and editing the Special Offers column. Additionally, owners of special offer Kindles can unsubscribe from these offers in the same section by paying a $30-$40 fee (the price difference between a regular and special offer Kindle). The Kindle Fire is not eligible for these offers.

The opening post (OP) contains links to all current offers, including the dates the offers are valid. Offers that have expired are archived in posts: 608 / 914 / 974. These posts provide a complete history of all offers and can serve as a guide as to what Amazon may offer in the future.

After your new Kindle is registered and activated, you're all set to download and redeem your first offers:
  • go to the Home page and click Menu
  • click View Special Offers
  • select and click an offer
  • click Email Me This Offer
  • get your email and follow the instructions
New offers used to appear like clockwork at midnight every 4 days. Since Jan 2012, this rate has slowed down considerably and is no longer predictable. Most of the time, your Kindle will have ads and Amazon Local offers; none of which are exclusive to these Kindles.

Once an offer appears, you have 4 days to claim it. Each offer has a "claim by" date. If you don't claim it by that date, it expires and you're no longer eligible to take advantage of it. I recommend that you claim all offers. You then have time to think about them. If you don't claim them, you lose out if you later change your mind. Keep in mind that claiming an offer does not obligate you into buying it. It just ensures that you have an opportunity to do so.

Each offer claimed will send a separate email to you. That email contains instructions on how to redeem the offer, a link to the offer, a promo code, and the offer's expiration date. These offers generally expire 1 month after the claim by date. It's important you don't lose this information. For backup, I copy and paste the email to Notepad and keep it in a folder on my desktop. I then bookmark the link to a folder in my browser. Now if the email is deleted, I still have the pertinent information.

These dates can be confusing at first. Remember that you're only eligible for offers that appear on your Kindle. You're not eligible for previous offers, because you didn't own a special offer Kindle then. The OP contains active offers, which you may or may not be eligible for.

Remember, the claim by date is NOT the same as the offer expiration date.

If you have problems with your Kindle or these Special Offers that can't be resolved here, call Kindle CS at 1-866-321-8851. Don't call Amazon CS. Calling Kindle CS will yield better customer service.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #623
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
Yay for the new offers today - something actually useful I'm hoping for some better offers now to coincide with the new Kindles coming out.

I pre-ordered a Kindle Fire but what I'm wondering ... do you think a special offer might pop up for the Fire? With my luck, it will be the week after mine arrives. What do you think?

p.s., does anyone have recommendations for the romance books? or any recommendations for mysteries included with the new offer?
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #624
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I think it's highly unlikely there will be an SO for purchasing Kindles or the Kindle Fire. What I could see them offering is an SO for the covers, that would be nice. Although I already ordered the purple Amazon Kindle Touch cover, used the $5 offer from today.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #625
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Offers (claim by 03 Oct)

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 47 - Save $25 on a $50 purchase of Back-to-College Gear -- expires 01 Oct
  • 48 - Save 40% on select Kindle Covers -- expires 05 Oct
  • 49 - Save $30 on a $80 purchase at MyHabit.com -- expires 09 Oct
  • 50 - Get a select Kindle Book (Biographies & Memoirs) for $1 -- expires 09 Oct

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-30-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #626
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
I pre-ordered a Kindle Fire but what I'm wondering ... do you think a special offer might pop up for the Fire? With my luck, it will be the week after mine arrives. What do you think?
Extremely unlikely. Since this program began last April, there haven't been any offers for Kindles. There have been several offers for half-off gift cards and $5 dollars off a purchase, which could be applied toward a Kindle.

Quote:
p.s., does anyone have recommendations for the romance books?
don't

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-30-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #627
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I think it's highly unlikely there will be an SO for purchasing Kindles or the Kindle Fire. What I could see them offering is an SO for the covers, that would be nice. Although I already ordered the purple Amazon Kindle Touch cover, used the $5 offer from today.
To date, we've had two offers for covers:
With the influx of new models, it's a possibility that Amazon may decide to repeat the cover offer. But I wouldn't expect it any earlier than mid to late November; which is when the Fire and Touch models will be released.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #628
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
We have 2 KSO's and I just tried to use a second code for the mystery books and it won't let me ... are they no longer letting you use more than 1 code per Amazon account?
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #629
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Extremely unlikely. Since this program began last April, there haven't been any offers for Kindles. There have been several offers for half-off gift cards and $5 dollars off a purchase, which could be applied toward a Kindle.

don't
I just used the $5 off purchase deal plus $30 gift card I got from Swag Bucks. The Fire will cost me just $171.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #630
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
I just used the $5 off purchase deal plus $30 gift card I got from Swag Bucks. The Fire will cost me just $171.
Cool