Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
combination cover/case for 9.7'' reader?

Hi all,

I know there is plenty of discussion on this issue, but I wonder whether you can help me with a very specific question: I would like a rigid cover for my Pocketbook 903 (a 9.7'' reader) that would protect it when I slip it in my (very full backpack), and I have come to the conclusion that something like the Targus Z case would do very nicely.

On the other hand, if possible I would like the case also to double up as book cover, to use it while reading - the problem is that all of the covers that I have seen are not "closed" at the edges - the only one I have found is the Book Book case, but the edges are closed with a zip, whereas I would like something rigid (thinking of those piercing sets of keys, pens and whatnot lurking in my bag). There are some cases for Ipads that would almost do the job, but not quite, as the edges have openings for connectors, etc.

Any suggestions warmly appreciated!

Last edited by paola; 02-10-2011 at 04:24 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Hi Paola,
You're right that the 903 and the IPad are both 9.7" readers. However, you have to keep in mind that this is display size and not the actual size of the device!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad says that the ipad has the following dimensions:

Dimensions 9.56 in (243 mm) (h)
7.47 in (190 mm) (w)
.5 in (13 mm) (d)

and the pocketbook 903 is reported to have those dimensions ( http://pocketbook.de/products/pocket...#specification ):
193 х 263 х 11,5 mm

So the 903 is about 20mm larger than the ipad and the cover you've shown doesn't seem to have another 20mm space. I'm looking myself for a good cover. However, I think that some people reported that the covers in general are quite heavy. So, let's assume a weight for the cover of around 400grams. If you add the weight of the 903 (around 600gr) you have one kilo gram to hold. I can very well understand that some people find that too heavy. So according to those thoughts I decided for myself that I can't look for a "book cover" as they probably wouldn't be stable enough or they would be too heavy.
So I think I will just have a look for a stable cover for transport but not for reading.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Premium cover

Hi, see here:
http://www.pocketgoods.de/Premium-Co...tbook-902-903/

But the price...
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Paola, maybe something like that will fit your needs:

http://www.amazon.de/Belkin-Neopren-...7285856&sr=1-1

or

http://www.amazon.de/Belkin-Pleated-...7285856&sr=1-7

or

http://www.amazon.de/Cool-Bananas-En...86693&sr=1-112

It's the german amazon site and the second case most certainly has the wrong dimensions (see reviews post) but I just wanted to show you some examples in which direction to look. Do you have an electronic market near your home? Maybe you can go there and try the size of some cases.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for your replies!
I should have been clearer, I did not mean exactly those products (though I admit I thought the Targus would fit the PB903, I was obviously wrong), but products with those functions.
Yes, I am aware that weight is a problem, but I am prepared to go with it (though my last resort option would be a sturdy plastic food container )
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
paola
Wizard

Hi Billi,
sorry did not see your message before replying: yes I do know those cases, but it is something "booklike" looking that I am after (but completely sealed): so marty63's suggestion also does not work (beacuse it is "open").
Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My links are referring to "completely sealed" but of course, they are not "booklike". Your search will not be easy!
Maybe you can contact pocketbooks.de nevertheless. These covers are specially fabricated for Waldemar, perhaps he is open for such suggestions.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Well, for Kindle DX you can get this here:

http://www.amazon.de/igadgitz-Hartsc...7306871&sr=8-3

Hardcover: YES
Booklike: Not exactly, but maybe sufficient, don't know if it fits on the 90X

Unfortunately I can't recommend the Premium covers mentioned by marty63 because the plastic fastenings are a bit weak. The cover itself is great, but after my 602 fell from my bedside table ( ~ 25 cm) the top fastening broke and I had to replace it by something indestructible (Glassfibre compound, not easy to do)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #9
paola
Wizard

thank you troll05, those covers are not "book-like" enough (though they looks good as cover).

@Billi: so Waldemar makes covers? just to understand, before I pm him...
Old 02-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #10
Billi
Wizard

Not Waldemar himself but as I have understood it these covers are exclusively fabricated just for him.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Not Waldemar himself but as I have understood it these covers are exclusively fabricated just for him.
thanks, I've now writte not him, let's see - there is some "hybrid" that I have found (that would keep the reader away from the zip), the Roocase, but not in the right dimensions

p.s.
I edited the second link in my first message, it wasn't originally to a "booklike" cover, sorry!