Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
kaileslie
kaileslie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
open documents read last time

can my dr1000 open the documents I read last time automatically on restart? thanks
kaileslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
A lot more people would like that. The only thing you can do now is make shortcuts for the book(s) you are reading on the desktop, so you can quickly find and start them manually.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
It is possible to make a script that would automatically create shortcuts to each file opened in a special folder and keep, let's say, 10 most recent shortcuts. I plan to do it when I have spare time.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Viacheslav
Connoisseur

Here is a script for managing an automatically populated and maintained "Recent files" folder. It keeps shortcuts for 10 most recent files and 10 most recent folders.

Installation:
1 Run the install script (it does nothing to file associations)
2 Edit dr1000.ini adding /bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh <viewer> at each desired .../viewer-cmd= line.

Problem
Custom irex menu items and toolbar tabs for irex viewer disappear (The wrapper script launches viewer and exits. The GUI thinks that nothing is left and shows nothing). This addon works nicely with non integrated applications such as evince and FBreader.
Attached Files
File Type: zip recent.zip (2.3 KB, 367 views)

Last edited by Viacheslav; 11-22-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
kaileslie
kaileslie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Hi Viacheslav, thanks for your reply, but i dont quite understand step 2 Edit dr1000.ini adding /bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh <viewer> at each desired .../viewer-cmd= line. could you be more specific? should I add /bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh <viewer> to every /viewer-cmd= ??? thanks
kaileslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Viacheslav
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileslie View Post
Hi Viacheslav, thanks for your reply, but i dont quite understand step 2 Edit dr1000.ini adding /bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh <viewer> at each desired .../viewer-cmd= line. could you be more specific? should I add /bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh <viewer> to every /viewer-cmd= ??? thanks
Er. I was too lazy to write automatic modification of the schemas and ini.
You should:
  1. Open the dr1000.ini file on your SD card in any decent text editor.
  2. Find all lines containing ...viewer-cmd=.... Each of these lines corresponds to one type of files and contains the command used to call the corresponding viewer. Think, what filetypes you want to see in the new Recent folder.
    Good result can be obtained for fb2, epub, djvu, plucker, html etc, supported by community developed viewers (FBReader, Evince, Midory). The viewers are available from this very forum. It is a bad idea to add the wrapper before the irex "uds" viewer, because you will not be able to close the open documents. There will be no close/search/lookup buttons for this viewer because the irex GUI uses some lame proprietary way to show tasks in the taskbar and icons in the menu.
  3. Add /bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh before the viewer command at the chosen lines.
  4. Open any file of the supported file type.

This is an excerpt from my dr1000.ini
Code:
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/descr=HTML
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/icon_name=html
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/template_descr=HTML Template
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/extensions=htm;html;xhtml;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/viewer_cmd=/bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_midori/bin/midori
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/descr=FBReader
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/icon_name=fbreader
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/template_descr=FBReader Template
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/extensions=pdb;fb2;zip;rtf;orb;tcr;opf;oebzip;epub;chm;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-fbreader/viewer_cmd=/bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/text-shellscript/descr=Shellscript
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/text-shellscript/icon_name=shell
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/text-shellscript/template_descr=Shellscript Template
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/text-shellscript/extensions=sh;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/text-shellscript/viewer_cmd=/bin/sh
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-djvu/descr=DJVU
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-djvu/icon_name=evince
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-djvu/template_descr=DJVU Template
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-djvu/extensions=djvu;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-djvu/viewer_cmd=/bin/sh /usr/bin/update_recent.sh /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince/bin/evince
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileslie View Post
can my dr1000 open the documents I read last time automatically on restart? thanks
iRex has said in the past that this will be added when the final power mode is put in place (hibernate versus shutdown). They have not mentioned any dates for it though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote