Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
ghostwolf59
ghostwolf59 began at the beginning.

Device: mini me
Calibre epub to azw3 fail to resolve book cover

Hi,
I have a problem with converting epub's to mobi and/or azw3.

The conversion succeeds but the book cover is lost in translation resulting in that once added to my kindle paper white 3G + WiFI a default icon with text of the book title is displayed rather than the original book cover.

The cover of the original epub is displayed on Adobe Digital Edition but seem to get lost once converted to azw3 and/or mobi.

I have tried various options such as "Use cover from source", Change cover image" etc but so far no luck.

Is it just me or is there an issue with this?

cheers
ghostwolf59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....droid-ipad-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
ghostwolf59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Never asked for DRM removal - simply asking why the cover isn't embedded when converting epub to mobi and/or azw3.

cheers
Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwolf59 View Post
Never asked for DRM removal - simply asking why the cover isn't embedded when converting epub to mobi and/or azw3.
All he presented you with was the link that answered your question.

Everything below the black line is his signature and is at the end of every message he writes. You may have noticed it says "Notice to all" to indicate it is addressed to everyone.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
ghostwolf59

ok, got it now - thanks

anything planned that would sort this without the negative drawbacks ? Would be nice