Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
TWit's "Before You Buy" gave KPW a "Buy!"

I just finished watching the live feed of the TWit "Before You Buy" review of the Kindle Paperwhite by Iyaz Akhtar. Iyaz really liked the PW and if he had any screen issues, he didn't mention them. BTW, he personally purchased the KPW Wi-Fi himself so it was not a review unit.

The show should post later tonight or tomorrow at:

http://twit.tv/show/before-you-buy/40

BTW, Leo LaPorte reviewed the KFHD last week and gave it a "Don't Buy" I love my KFHD!

http://twit.tv/show/before-you-buy/39

Last edited by daffy4u; 10-09-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: just because I can :)
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Leo is a dork. I remember way back when he was on TechTV he would take all the tips and tricks for Windows (or whatever) that the entire staff had come up with and then disappear for a month to write a book, but never gave them credit or a cut of the profits from what I heard.

I also remember his "don't waste your money on HDTV it looks terrible" speech about 10 years ago. He is a good BSer and smart in many ways, but I wouldn't listen to him on anything technical.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd forgotten about him running off to write those books until you wrote it. I loved The ScreenSavers and Call for Help.

I don't always agree with Leo but I do like TWiT.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Ay, yes, TWIT. I used to love MacBreak Weekly, until it became a weekly dose of everything Apple does wrong as a company. Stick to the tech, please.

I bought a DROBO on their recommendation. The fan in the damned thing failed immediately after the one-year warranty was up. DROBO wouldn't replace it under warranty, so I took it apart myself. The fan was was not removeable. Couldn't replace it without destroying the entire unit. It's been more than a year, and I'm still irritated about it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I have a DROBO that I purchased earlier this year. So far it's still working but now I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Leo introduced me to Audible which I use daily and has been one the best investments for me.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

Leo introduced me to Audible which I use daily and has been one the best investments for me.
I'll agree with you here. I was listening pretty much exclusively to podcasts at the time, but he kept hammering away on Audible. I got the subscription, and I love it. I had tried books on CD some time before that, and I found them distracting while driving. I don't know if the podcasts helped, or just getting older, but I can listen to an audiobook while driving without losing track of it now. It's a real pleasure, particularly when you are stuck in heavy traffic.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I'll agree with you here. I was listening pretty much exclusively to podcasts at the time, but he kept hammering away on Audible. I got the subscription, and I love it. I had tried books on CD some time before that, and I found them distracting while driving. I don't know if the podcasts helped, or just getting older, but I can listen to an audiobook while driving without losing track of it now. It's a real pleasure, particularly when you are stuck in heavy traffic.
The new return policy in BETA makes Audible even more attractive! Listen to a book you don't like? Return it up to a year for another book credit.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The new return policy in BETA makes Audible even more attractive! Listen to a book you don't like? Return it up to a year for another book credit.
Whoa! That's good to know because I have downloaded some duds!