Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
choccie_button
choccie_button began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
Missing ends of books

Hi

I'm totally new to all this and not great with computers. Please help. I've just got a new Kobo ereader. The book I wanted wasn't available from the Kobo UK store so I downloaded it from Amazon.

I've used Calibre to strip the DMR and loaded it successfully onto my Kobo. I left it in MOBI format. The only issue is that the end of the book is missing The book is complete in the Kindle PC app and also in Calibre itself, just not on the Kobo.

With the first book it was only about 10 pages. The second book I downloaded has the last two and a half chapters missing. These both seem to stop around 820 page mark.

I also was given the 7 Harry Potter books by someone which look like they've been Kindle converted to MOBI. These also all have the ends of the books missing. I have no idea why this has happened.

Also there was some very strange typos where a word is split and symbols inbetween like the word started might look like star $%logted.

The typos I can live with but it's disappointing not to have the ends of the books.

Would it help if I converted them into EPUB or something?

Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be resolved please?
choccie_button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
choccie_button
choccie_button began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
Actually, I've converted it into EPUB and it seems to have solved the issue (I think!)
choccie_button is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert