Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #16
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrocuadam View Post
Thank you buddies so I think there is no hope on a new sony product

Any alternatives which has a dictionary like prs600?I am not a native speaker and I would like to improve my English reading books and I think a dictionary is a great thing for this

How does the dictionary on prs600 work by the way?

Thanks
I think that the BeBook Neo has access to a dictionary - from memory, you can change which one, too.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
I think that the BeBook Neo has access to a dictionary - from memory, you can change which one, too.
It does - and WiFi, and a Wacom touch screen that doesn't impact screen clarity, and full folder support. It's an extremely nice machine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast
nitrocuadam began at the beginning.

Device: none
What do you think about onyx boox 60?
nitrocuadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #19
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What do you think about onyx boox 60?
I think it's the same as the BeBook Neo. Harry likes his - he's posted a review. Nate the Great has also posted a review of the Onyx.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the Onyx and the Neo are the same machine. Just different firmware.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast

I think I am gonna buy this one

Do you think I can find it in Germany?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast

Ok I found out that in Germany I can find it

How does the dictionary work?Is it like the one in Prs-600?Or better/worse?

This feature is very important for me

Thank you very much
Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
Ben Thornton
Guru

As I understand it, there is a standard dictionary format, so you can use any dictionary that you can get into that format - is that right Harry?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #24
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
I'll leave you with this....it is never tomorrow.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
As I understand it, there is a standard dictionary format, so you can use any dictionary that you can get into that format - is that right Harry?
Yes - it uses "Stardict" format dictionaries. There are shedloads of PD dictionaries available and, I believe, commercial ones too.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #26
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
I'll leave you with this....it is never tomorrow.
Awesome, I like your statement
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:22 AM   #27
Jiang
Enthusiast
Jiang is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle HD 8.9
Quote:
I think I am gonna buy this one

Do you think I can find it in Germany?

Thanks
As for dictionary, I guess PRS 600 is better and more convenient than Neo, you have to pull the pen out from a Neo and choose the function on the screen, and touch...
Jiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:23 AM   #28
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Dictionary might be better implemented on the PRS600, but it's not available in German. If you select German as language for the UI, the dictionary function is disabled.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #29
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I waited with buying my reader until this generation. It was a smart move. The prs-600 is many times better than the prs-505. I'm sure you'll have the same experience with the next generation reader. Depending on where your baseline is, you'll be differently impressed.

I think it'll be years before readers assume a form that will survive. We're in the middle of a revolution.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote