Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Set system poweroff screensaver on PocketBook ereaders

Hi.

I'm looking for a way to change the poweroff screensaver on my PocketBook ereader so that when I use Koreader the screensaver is the cover of the book I'm currently reading with koreader, rather than the last one opened by pocketbook's reader.

I found a .lnk (microsoft link) in system/logo/ called "bookcover.lnk" that indicates the path to the last cover image to use.

It would be rather easy to change this link to the image created by koreader: there are bash scrips to create .lnk files that could be easily run on the PB.

My question is: what would be the easier (and cleanest!) way to launch a command each time koreader is started or (even better) is there already a way to easily have koreader change the system poweroff screensaver?

Found this github issue, seems like the way PB handles the screensaver changed in last firmwares (an image in /mnt/ext1/system/logo/bookcover won't necessarily be used as the cover once the device is shut down, but the img linked by bookcover.lnk will).

Thanks!

Last edited by datanoise; 02-24-2020 at 03:58 PM.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:31 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Depending a little on the format it wants it'd be easy enough to write an image but if anything had changed the issue probably would've too. Especially note https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-515538113
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #3
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

I noticed, thanks for your answer.

That's why a more generic way to launch a command when opening a file would make it easy to hack something (it's pretty easy to modify the .lnk file to point it to koreader's latest cover). Modifying the launcher could be a solution but I'd have preferred something cleaner...

Last edited by datanoise; 02-25-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:24 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Hi.

My question is: what would be the easier (and cleanest!) way to launch a command each time koreader is started or (even better) is there already a way to easily have koreader change the system poweroff screensaver?
The easiest is not the cleanest. Both would require a PB to tinker with and some free time.

The cleanest (I dunno if this is possible on Pocketbook): figure out a way to stop the framework (aka inkview) to react to both input events (power key and magnetic cover) and figure out a way to tell inkview to go to sleep. If you find a way to do both you can repurpose all screensaver logic and it will behave as it does on kobos.

The easiest way would be a plugin that generates a cover for each new book opened. You could repurpose part of screensaver logic but need to do a few things yourself, namely:

- add logic to skip books without covers (a fallback image?)
- check if the image was written to disk
- check for FW incompatibilities and do nothing if the FW has other ways to write the screensaver.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:21 PM   #5
datanoise
Groupie

Thanks for your insight...

More complicated than I expected. I'll see if I can find some time to experiment with that...
Advert
Old 01-14-2024, 08:52 AM   #6
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Just in case someone is interested. Configure KOReader to save cover in:
/mnt/ext1/system/resources/Line/taskmgr_lock_background.bmp

And make a little modification in KOReader code to kill the process taskmgr.app in the init method in readerview.lua:
Quote:
if Device:isPocketBook() then
os.execute("sudo killall taskmgr.app")
end
You need /bin/killall to be in the suoders file
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, koreader, pocketbook