Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #21121
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
It shouldn't embarrass you at all, a lot of people never has.
I'm not sure if I follow you Freeshadow. But the embarrassment is more from getting caught off guard without a clever comeback.
Quote:
If you wish to stop your wife doing it, just say: "Dear, I see no importance of this information to the women present, unless you expect me to find their G-spots too." And then leave the room.
This should help.
I'm not sure who gets more embarrassed, myself or the women she tells. However, to set the record straight, we are talking about my employer, not my wife. Now that you've made me think about it some more, perhaps next time I'll turn to who she says it to and say "There was nothing to it. Don't know why she couldn't find it herself really."
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #21122
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Ah thus I indeed have misunderstood.
But you have taken my idea and transformed it the right way.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #21123
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Is it bad of me not really wanting to look after my friends' dog during the weekend anymore this year?

It's partly because dog Luca can be difficult when walking but also because they go such a short time and it's such a hassle. They usually leave between 9 and 11 am on Saturday. I work until 5pm, after which I cycle over to their house (having gotten up earlier than normal to pack), walk the dog, make and eat dinner, relax for a couple of hours, walk the dog, feed the dog, go to bed, get up, take a shower, pack, walk the dog, eat breakfast, relax and make lunch. This year I usually get a text that they're on their way back between 3 and 4pm, last time even before 2pm. Depending what time they get back I walk Luca for a last time, strap my bags on my bike and I'm back before 5pm on Sunday.

They're caravan site is open until the last weekend of September and I'm secretly hoping that it'll either rain or be cold (or both) during the next three weekends.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #21124
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hmmm. Could you save time (save getting up earlier on Saturday) by keeping a bag always packed? I used to do that, when I had a 2 hrs away boyfriend, and we drove back and forth on alternate weekends. Do they have anything nifty that makes it worth being there that night? Like, is their shower extra spiffy? Or could they have a special meal in the frig for you to make that evening, to make it worth your while doing this? It certainly does keep you in exercise, what with biking there & back, and so many dog walks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #21125
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
While producing some rather intimate illustrations for my employer's latest book about PMS and other sex related topics I was asked to research some rather ticklish parts of the female anatomy.
She now has great pleasure embarrassing me in front of her female medical staff. Pointing to me and stating completely off topic, "Did you know, Mark found the G-Spot?"

Just hand out some business cards printed up with just your name and phone number, and the single line "Please call for an appointment."

You'll be able to afford to retire after six months. Unless, of course, your wife get's it all in alimony.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #21126
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
begin rant
Apparently, I have not really known traffic rules (or so I'm beginning to think based on how the rest of the world drives around me).

yellow light = hit the gas pedal because, as long as only part of your vehicle is in the intersection when the light turns red, you haven't really run a red light.

Four way stop = if the vehicle(s) in front of you goes through the intersection, you don't need to stop; just follow them.

missed right turn lane = no problem (especially if you are 3 lanes to the left), just cross in front of everyone (they'll stop for you) until you get to the right turn lane.

make a right turn = swing left, halfway into the left lane, then make your right turn.
/end rant
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #21127
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be happy that you have steel walls around you. Imagine what it's like on a motorcycle...
... and you left out Pulling out of a driveway without looking to see if anyone is approaching!

Stitchawl
Old 09-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #21128
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Hmmm. Could you save time (save getting up earlier on Saturday) by keeping a bag always packed? I used to do that, when I had a 2 hrs away boyfriend, and we drove back and forth on alternate weekends. Do they have anything nifty that makes it worth being there that night? Like, is their shower extra spiffy? Or could they have a special meal in the frig for you to make that evening, to make it worth your while doing this? It certainly does keep you in exercise, what with biking there & back, and so many dog walks!
It isn't that packing takes long, just a couple of minutes and I make sure I have an easily prepare dinner planned (or I order pizza ). It's just that housesitting for just under or over 24 hours feels rushed somehow. If they leave on Friday, which doesn't happen very often, it's feels much more relaxed on Saturday even if I still have to get up early to walk the dog and am back at the same time after work.

I always feel this way in September, even with their previous dog which behaved much better than Luca during walks.

What I am looking forward to is take a long, hot bath. Most baths are too short and undeep for me to have nice long soak but they have an extra deep and long bath.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #21129
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Be happy that you have steel walls around you. Imagine what it's like on a motorcycle...
... and you left out Pulling out of a driveway without looking to see if anyone is approaching!

Stitchawl
Change that to:

backing out of a parking space = if my vehicle is bigger than your vehicle; I have the right of way.

*I've seen the motorcyle vs. vehicle; motorcyle loses*

It really does make me glad I _am_ surrounded by steel walls.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #21130
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
begin rant
Apparently, I have not really known traffic rules (or so I'm beginning to think based on how the rest of the world drives around me).

yellow light = hit the gas pedal because, as long as only part of your vehicle is in the intersection when the light turns red, you haven't really run a red light.

Four way stop = if the vehicle(s) in front of you goes through the intersection, you don't need to stop; just follow them.

missed right turn lane = no problem (especially if you are 3 lanes to the left), just cross in front of everyone (they'll stop for you) until you get to the right turn lane.

make a right turn = swing left, halfway into the left lane, then make your right turn.
/end rant

Don't forget Make a right turn into a driveway = Stop in the middle of the lane and insure there is no one in the driveway before proceding out of traffic flow.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #21131
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Change that to:

backing out of a parking space = if my vehicle is bigger than your vehicle; I have the right of way.

It really does make me glad I _am_ surrounded by steel walls.
Yes, that one was derived from maritime law; it’s called “The law of gross tonnage!” When traversing a channel, the biggest ship has the right of way.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #21132
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
if my vehicle is bigger than your vehicle; I have the right of way.
That is 'standard' in Thailand. In most countries, if an on-coming vehicle sees someone about to make a move and is polite, they flash their lights to say 'please go ahead.' In Thailand it means 'don't even think about it cuz I ain't slowing down...' But, the bigger vehicle is ALWAYS given the right of way. Unless the driver is drunk, busy texting, reading a newspaper, or just figures 'what the heck? I'm Buddhist, right. I'll be back around for another life.'

Quote:
Every time.

Stitchawl
Old 09-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #21133
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
was able to get a hands on a Galaxy note 10.1 earlier in a samsung store in the mall. the screen seems a bit iffy when i browse; it looked like a toy. hmm...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #21134
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That is 'standard' in Thailand. In most countries, if an on-coming vehicle sees someone about to make a move and is polite, they flash their lights to say 'please go ahead.' In Thailand it means 'don't even think about it cuz I ain't slowing down...' <snip>
Some older people do that here, but the cars in the lanes next to them go anyway and the cars behind, the person that flashes the lights, just honk. My favorite is that instead of only one car going through at a time, at least two go through. No one wants to wait a few seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Don't forget Make a right turn into a driveway = Stop in the middle of the lane and insure there is no one in the driveway before proceding out of traffic flow.

Here we have a lot of right lanes that are extra wide, so that you can move over to be closer to the curb for a right turn. No one seems to do that and a few times someone makes a turn into someone that _has_ moved over to make a turn.

I am learning all these "new" rules of the road. I am worried that if I have to take a written driving test that I will have problems remembering what is in the book and what is really done.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #21135
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Rome street xing survival rule:
Don't mind the traffic lights, just watch if a young, preferably long-haired woman intends to cross the street too.
If yes, following her maximizes your chance of getting to the other side alive, since cars will actually stop for her.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness