Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
jvorzimmer
Enthusiast
jvorzimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"
calibredb won't export catalog after upgrade to 3.1.1

Among a host of issues I'm having with Calibre 3 is that my batch file to export a catalog in csv has stopped working. I'm getting a little frustrated trying to figure out what's changed in 3. Here is the contents of my batch file:

calibredb catalog %userprofile%\Dropbox\calibre.csv --fields=title,authors,publisher,size,tags --with-library=C:\Users\Public\Calibre

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
jvorzimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@jvorzimmer - have you looked revised doco for ==>> the calibredb command and the content server

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
jvorzimmer
Enthusiast
jvorzimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@jvorzimmer - have you looked revised doco for ==>> the calibredb command and the content server
I have. What, specifically, am I overlooking. The calibredb from the command line runs perfectly if Calibre is not running.

Jeff
jvorzimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorzimmer View Post
I have. What, specifically, am I overlooking. The calibredb from the command line runs perfectly if Calibre is not running.

Jeff
I think that's the problem - running calibredb.exe can update the database, as can calibre.exe, so you can't run them concurrently. If you want to do that then it seems calibredb must access the library database via the server.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the backwards incompatibilities section of https://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/twelve
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibredb, catalog, csv