Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #61
Wobble
Wobble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Did you make sure to also put the copy of the book that you modified to have an ASIN back onto the Kindle as well?
The 1.50 version is much faster, thank you! Yes I checked again with the Mobi Meta Editor:

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

I added record type 113 and 504 with the ASIN corresponding to "Game of Thrones". I get the same issue with "1984" which originally has its ASIN.

My kindle structure is as follow (done by Calibre):

1. Kindle root

2. "Martin, George R.R_" subfolder

3. "A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin.sdr" folder

What do I do wrong?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-04-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Wobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #62
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
What do I do wrong?
I'm not sure, it appears to be set up properly. The button being grayed out usually means it's not finding the file it's looking for. Even if it was built with the wrong format, it would show up but delete the file if you tried to use it...
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #63
Wobble

Quote:
I'm not sure, it appears to be set up properly. The button being grayed out usually means it's not finding the file it's looking for. Even if it was built with the wrong format, it would show up but delete the file if you tried to use it...
The issue is that "1984" has xray greyed out. Game of Thrones does not even show that option, it only shows the dictionary and wikipedia.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #64
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The issue is that "1984" has xray greyed out. Game of Thrones does not even show that option, it only shows the dictionary and wikipedia.
Check to see if exth record 501 is set to EBOK. If it's set to PDOC or anything else it might cause that issue.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #65
Wobble

Quote:
Check to see if exth record 501 is set to EBOK. If it's set to PDOC or anything else it might cause that issue.
I am partially successful now. I deleted record type 504 and added 501 with your mentioned value "EBOK" and it works for Game of Thrones. I does not recognize all characters but at least some. Interestingly, if I do the same for "1984" or "Clash of Kings" it won't work.

I think I have to try around with other books and see what is wrong with those.

Are there record types which are crucial and might lack in some files?

Bye the way: Thanks for all your support (thanks also to EbokJunkie) and for the great tool
Advert
Old 12-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #66
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Are there record types which are crucial and might lack in some files?
113 and 501 are the most important.

To get more character matches, you'll probably have to use aliases. It can take a bit of extra work to perfect the results.

Glad to be of service
Old 12-22-2014, 05:06 AM   #67
kib2
kib2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch With Glowlight
Hello,

does anyone knows if X-Ray Builder works with the Android Kindle app ? (the latest version is supposed to support XRay).

I've tried to put the generated XRay file inside a new folder without success, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks.
kib2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #68
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kib2 View Post
Hello,

does anyone knows if X-Ray Builder works with the Android Kindle app ? (the latest version is supposed to support XRay).

I've tried to put the generated XRay file inside a new folder without success, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks.
The naming structure is a bit different for Android. Check the main post, I've uploaded a new version (1.51) that has an option in settings for building for Android. After the file is built (a .db file instead of .asc), the book and the .db both go in the /kindle folder that should be on your sd card (or sdcard0 folder on Nexus devices). It won't read it if it is not in the same folder as the book.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #69
kib2

Thanks Ephemerality for this new version.

Unfortunatly, I've put my 2 files (the .mobi one and the corresponding generated .db file) but can't see anything (No XRay button) new in the Kindle app menu.

The .db file has seems to have a very long name: maybe that's a problem ?

Cheers.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #70
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Thanks Ephemerality for this new version.

Unfortunatly, I've put my 2 files (the .mobi one and the corresponding generated .db file) but can't see anything (No XRay button) new in the Kindle app menu.

The .db file has seems to have a very long name: maybe that's a problem ?
Download the Java Mobi Metadata Editor and check to see if exth 501 is set to EBOK or PDOC. As in the last couple posts, if it is PDOC, XRay won't work. It's possible the long file name is causing the issue, but not sure.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 12-22-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #71
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Any idea why the Xray button appears, but is greyed out?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #72
kib2

Ok, I've checked and the JMME tool said that exth 501 is set to EBOK.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #73
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Any idea why the Xray button appears, but is greyed out?
Exth 501 could be PDOC, could be built using the wrong format (need to use new format option for firmware 5.6.1), or the metadata in the book on the Kindle doesn't match the one on your PC. Those are the 3 options that I'm aware of that cause that at least...

Quote:
Ok, I've checked and the JMME tool said that exth 501 is set to EBOK.
I will have to check when I get home to see if the long file name is an issue or if it works for me. It could also be the underscores in the database name, but I'll test that too.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 12-22-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #74
kib2

Thanks Ephemerality, take your time!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #75
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Thanks Ephemerality, take your time!
I can't seem to get it to work anymore either, using the same files I was using before I am assuming they either blocked X-Ray loading from the /kindle folder or changed something else in a recent update... I'll let you know if I find out any more.

Tags
x-ray