Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #46
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Do rtf files not open with the new firmware ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackau View Post
It seems to revert back to the previous book.

While i tried with the RTF, which work before november firmware but failed with the firmware thereafter, it hangs, unable to open and I had to press reset button. Then when it restarts, it went back to the book i exited which is a pdf before i try the rtf file.

So far, the new feb firmware looks to have the best improvement, yet, for some reason unknown, my start up page is fixed to horizontal after i turned it off during horizontal....

Faster page turns and so on sound appealing - but not at the price of losing the ability to read rtf files. I have many converted .lit -> .rtf files. Has this bug been confirmed?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #47
pokedmund
pokedmund began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Just wanted to say that I got my COOL-ER this week on ebay and it came with a very old firmware (1.10 I think?)

When I tried to update it, I de-authorised my COOL-ER, unpacked the firmward onto the root of my SD card and started the update process.

I could not get past the part where at the bottom right hand corner, 7 squares appear.

The solution turned out to be my SD card. Which was pretty strange.

SD THAT DIDN'T WORK was a 2GB Kingston SD card

SD THAT DID WORK was a 1GB unbranded micro SD card slotted into an unbranded micro SD adapter.

Very weird, but very happy with the new update. The old one was just so slow!
pokedmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #48
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you please confirm that rtf files open OK? Thanks!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:49 AM   #49
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
RTF should work

I opened a RTF file just fine on my Cool-er tonight, it is running 5th of Feb firmware.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #50
rgeorg
Guru

Thanks! Maybe I'll try the update.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #51
rgeorg
Guru

One more question:
Am I correct to assume that I can update the Turbo-X EB600 with the COOL*ER version of the 0203 update?

I know that I'm probbaly just repeating my previous question, but I am always hesitant to fool around with unknowns. The Turbo-X is an EB600 currently running firmware 1.12.9-1

Can I assume that since both the COOL*ER and the Turbo-X are EB600 and use the Netronix firmware that I can get the Feb 2010 update firware from the COOL*ER website, and just follow the update instructions? It's just that I bought the Tuf-Lov case and noticed a slight size difference (the Turbo-X is about 5 mm longer) - so now I'm concerned that there may be other differences.

Last edited by rgeorg; 06-10-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #52
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
It *should* work - the devices look compatible - but there's no way we can guarantee it. I'd know more if I had access to a copy of the firmware currently being used by the Turbo-X.

I know that the Cool-ER devices can take quite a bit of punishment, usually if you accidentally install a firmware on there that messes things up you can just re-flash it and get it running again, so it could be the same for your reader, but again, no guarantees.
Chances are if it's got the same Vulcan-nerve-pinch method of doing the firmware reset (requiring two buttons on the side and a reset button on the back pressed at the same time) then if you flash the Cool-ER firmware and it doesn't work you'll be able to resort back to using the Turbo-X firmware - Make sure you have a copy of the default Turbo-X firmware to go back to in case it doesn't work.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #53
rgeorg
Guru

Thanks, it is the same reset 3-hand sequence. I suppose I can take it back to the dealer to reflash to the original (I did stop by the store and ask BEFORE I try anything!). I backed up all books and folders etc...

I just get nervous...
I appreciate your assistance - I think I'll try it later and see how it goes. (feeling brave today!)

Maybe I'll reflash my jetBook with its new firmware as well - soon I'll be a real "pro" at this ;-)
Old 06-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #54
rgeorg
Guru

Well..........tried to reflash and it stuck at the "squares". The SD card is OK as I've used it in the device for the past few weeks. Probably the firmware checks some internal code to check that it is a Cooler before installing.

I brought it to the store (only 5 mins away) and they will probably reset it to the Dec 09 version 12.9. The fellow said that they may not have adpated the Feb 2010 version 10 to "Turbo-X". In any case, they have to send it from Thessaloniki to Athens to reflash it to the original firmware - which they won't give me!

Buying products in Greece is always an adventure!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #55
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Sorry it didn't go so well. I've heard it's usually worth trying with a few different SD cards.

The Cool-ER firmware does check which sort of EB600 it is (eb600e or eb600em) and then uses a different firmware image depending on that. It's a shame that they're not giving you a copy of the firmware - after I had my Cool-ER freeze up on the first day of a holiday (the first version of the firmware) I've always kept a copy to hand on the SD card in case I need to re-flash on the go.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #56
rgeorg
Guru

Yeah, it's too bad. I'll see what they send me back from the Athens service dept.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #57
nnylyart
nnylyart began at the beginning.

Device: Cooler Reader
firmware download

I have a cooler reader and it is using a very old firmware. I would like to upgrade to the newest version to make it more usable. Can anyone tell me where I can download it? The coolerreader site is down these days.

Thanks!
nnylyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #58
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnylyart View Post
I have a cooler reader and it is using a very old firmware. I would like to upgrade to the newest version to make it more usable. Can anyone tell me where I can download it? The coolerreader site is down these days.

Thanks!
While Cool-er reader website is down, there is new thread with firmware:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102044
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #59
akm97
akm97 began at the beginning.

Device: Nuut NP-601-G
Hello. Is this firmware supports *.prc files?

Last edited by akm97; 01-03-2011 at 08:52 AM.
akm97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #60
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm97 View Post
Hello. Is this firmware supports *.prc files?
PRC is a format used for installing files on a Palm OS device, and thus e-book files with the extension .prc may be in a number of different formats. Which particular format are your books in?
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote