Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
amalgam12
amalgam12 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR700
Question No Suitable Source Format...

Hello.

So ive mover to calibre and am having some trouble...
I have a sony psr700 and had all my ebooks through the reader software. I moved all my books to calibre so i could edit info and make collections and all that, but for some reason a few of my books are giving problems. Out of about 50 books, 10 of them do not transfer to my device from calibre. If i try to view them through calibre, it says "___ has no available formats." If i try to convert them i get:
WARNING: Could not convert some books: Could not convert 1 of 1 books, because no suitable source format was found.
All the books that dont work also show blank values in the size column, but i can view or edit the metadata without problems if any of this means anything.

I searched through some topics here and all i found was people having some trouble with old sony lrx files, but all these books are epubs. They work fine on sony's own software, and i can put them into the reader from there but calibre just isnt doing it. Ive also tried redownloading them from the bookstore and i still get the same problem. It isnt a huge deal but id like to be able to edit some of the data and tags.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?
amalgam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is possible to have book entries in Calibre without any associated ebook being attached to the entry. The fact that you mention the size column being blank suggest this could be the case.

If you select the option to edit the metadata what format(s) show up in the box at the top right? Is it possible for instance that the file extension is wrong so that Calibre does not identify them correctly? Note that if they are DRM protected eBooks then you will need to get the DRM removed before you can manipulaet the books with Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
amalgam12
amalgam12 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR700
That may be exactly what happened. The extensions were fine but there was no format in the metadata. When i manually hit the "add new format" button and selected the same file i had added before from the main interface , everything updated and it worked. How strange.

Thanks.

Last edited by amalgam12; 04-16-2010 at 05:10 AM.
amalgam12 is offline   Reply With Quote