Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #31
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Before I send this off to Jeff Bezos, I wonder if anyone sees anything wrong in what I've written. Either not easy to understand, grammatical problems or anything else. I bought an LG G6 so it's not a cheap phone. I might have given up if it wasn't expensive. It just wouldn't be worth it. Although at this point I don't even want the damn phone anymore.

Here's what I will email to Bezos.
I can't tell if you have been refunded for both phones or not. The last point makes it sound as though you have been refunded and still have the phone, albeit the wrong phone.

In any of these emails, I think the most important thing is to State a problem and state the resolution you want.

You mention several problems that occurred--and it begins to sound like you want customer service revamped/corrected rather than ... the right phone.

Just my quick take on it. I didn't read it two or three times, but if I'm a busy executive, I want to know what you want. Later, I might have a string of questions as to how you got where you are, but you need to state very clearly upfront what you want and if that thing is the correct phone, say: I was shipped the wrong phone and it has still not been sent. I have been refunded my money (or not). Then you can go on to list the circumstances.

Yes, I could have read through it multiple times to look for the point, but I don't have time...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #32
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Let me see if I have this straight,
You bought a phone, they sent the wrong one. You returned said phone or did they send you a replacement and then you returned the phone. (The second one is common to get billed and then when they get the first one back they refund the second order). Understandable too since you have two of their items at the moment.
It was wrong too so you just called to return it.
When did they offer the $5 credit?

So now you just want the cost of the phone or $100 worth of Prime. May I ask why?
Because they don't have the phone you want? Or you just can't get it at the price you wanted?
Because they billed you for the replacement until they got the first one back?
I am really confused.
I don't have either phone anymore. I sent the back right away. I was also careful not to open the box since the box said which model it was. I wish I hadn't done that now. What I returned can still be sold as new because I didn't open it. After all this crap they don't deserve that. It is not common to be charged for the replacement especially when they are the ones who screwed up. I have never had to return something before I got a replacement.

They have the phone I want they just keep on screwing up. Each CS rep screws it up more. I purchased it at the price I wanted it at, I don't understand why it's a problem to just simply give me what I paid for.

If they would give me the phone free that would be great, but it was expensive.

Also this was sold and shipped by Amazon, not a third party.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 07:43 PM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I don't have either phone anymore. I sent the back right away. I was also careful not to open the box since the box said which model it was. I wish I hadn't done that now. What I returned can still be sold as new because I didn't open it. After all this crap they don't deserve that. It is not common to be charged for the replacement especially when they are the ones who screwed up. I have never had to return something before I got a replacement.

They have the phone I want they just keep on screwing up. Each CS rep screws it up more. I purchased it at the price I wanted it at, I don't understand why it's a problem to just simply give me what I paid for.

If they would give me the phone free that would be great, but it was expensive.

Also this was sold and shipped by Amazon, not a third party.
Then say I ordered (exact model phone) and they keep sending me (model phone.)
How many replacements have they sent you?
If just one, then that is not many screwups. That is one mistake.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:51 PM   #34
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I can't tell if you have been refunded for both phones or not. The last point makes it sound as though you have been refunded and still have the phone, albeit the wrong phone.

In any of these emails, I think the most important thing is to State a problem and state the resolution you want.

You mention several problems that occurred--and it begins to sound like you want customer service revamped/corrected rather than ... the right phone.

Just my quick take on it. I didn't read it two or three times, but if I'm a busy executive, I want to know what you want. Later, I might have a string of questions as to how you got where you are, but you need to state very clearly upfront what you want and if that thing is the correct phone, say: I was shipped the wrong phone and it has still not been sent. I have been refunded my money (or not). Then you can go on to list the circumstances.

Yes, I could have read through it multiple times to look for the point, but I don't have time...
I'm going to have to get hubby to write it. It's apparently beyond my capability. (I'm not trying to say you're too hard on me, just that I literally can't do it)

I was refunded for the second phone before I even sent it back because I never should have been charged for it in the first place. The thing about them charging me for the replacement pisses me off because not only should I not have been charged, but if they were to charge me it should have been what I paid for the phone they were replacing.

I no longer have either phone, and it appears that they don't want to send me the correct one. I do have accessories I purchased though. My comment about not wanting it anymore is because I am pissed at their complete incompetence.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:09 PM   #35
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Then say I ordered (exact model phone) and they keep sending me (model phone.)
How many replacements have they sent you?
If just one, then that is not many screwups. That is one mistake.
I think sending the wrong phone in the first place is mistake #1 and sending the wrong replacement phone is mistake #2.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 08:10 PM   #36
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I didn't see a thing about What the Correct Model is that you purchased.... Maybe you need to give them More information as to the original problem. Then give Amazon the option of getting the Correct Model or Refunding you money.

Have You Directly contacted the Seller?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:37 PM   #37
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
I'm going to have to get hubby to write it. It's apparently beyond my capability. (I'm not trying to say you're too hard on me, just that I literally can't do it)

I was refunded for the second phone before I even sent it back because I never should have been charged for it in the first place. The thing about them charging me for the replacement pisses me off because not only should I not have been charged, but if they were to charge me it should have been what I paid for the phone they were replacing.

I no longer have either phone, and it appears that they don't want to send me the correct one. I do have accessories I purchased though. My comment about not wanting it anymore is because I am pissed at their complete incompetence.
I'll be the first to admit that writing is difficult! It requires much editing.

I think what you want to write is something simple:

Dear Amazon,

On Prime Day (date) I ordered MODEL X for X PRICE. I was sent the wrong phone, twice. I have now been refunded for both incorrect phones, however, I want MODEL X for X price as was advertised and promised.

Then you can go into the lengthier explanation of what has happened although they probably do not care how you got there. At the end, state again what you WANT:

As you can see, I have returned both phones and received refunds. HOWEVER, I ordered X MODEL at X PRICE as advertised and I would like to purchase the correct phone for the correct price. Please me me know how to do so.

By going into lengthy detail on what has happened so far, you will only give them openings to "solve" the problem on their own with things like 5 dollar credits. The more you talk about what happened, the less likely they are to hear what you WANT. They will just assume you are an unhappy customer especially as the discount is probably more than they want to apply. They may still offer other solutions, but the the key is to repeat what you want!

BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:34 PM   #38
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF you got Refunds for BOTH phones then you wont get another for Sale Price. Sorry they messed you up to begin with....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #39
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I didn't see a thing about What the Correct Model is that you purchased.... Maybe you need to give them More information as to the original problem. Then give Amazon the option of getting the Correct Model or Refunding you money.

Have You Directly contacted the Seller?
The seller is Amazon.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #40
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The seller is Amazon.
Do you mean this phone?
https://www.amazon.com/LG-H870DS-Unl...dp/B06ZZ5Z9S9/
Phone price $479.

If no: please link to the phone you were trying to get.

PS: the actual seller is LG.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-01-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:07 AM   #41
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
IF you got Refunds for BOTH phones then you wont get another for Sale Price. Sorry they messed you up to begin with....
It was their screw up, they should still honor it. I'm even the one who told them what the problem was. When the stock was received someone put the label with the bar code for the unlocked phone right over the very large letters that spelled Tmobile. This barcode was the Amazon product number. This is sold and shipped by Amazon, so all of this is their screw up.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:13 AM   #42
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

At least Kindle reps are still good. I thought I had borrowed my last Kindle lending library book in June, but I got an error directing me to call Amazon when I tried to borrow a book. The rep quickly found that I had actually borrowed on July 9. I told her that I would just wait until tomorrow to borrow again. She looked up the book I was going to buy and gave me a $4.00 credit to buy it. I didn't even ask for anything.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #43
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
At least Kindle reps are still good. I thought I had borrowed my last Kindle lending library book in June, but I got an error directing me to call Amazon when I tried to borrow a book. The rep quickly found that I had actually borrowed on July 9. I told her that I would just wait until tomorrow to borrow again. She looked up the book I was going to buy and gave me a $4.00 credit to buy it. I didn't even ask for anything.
That is awesome.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:23 AM   #44
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I'll be the first to admit that writing is difficult! It requires much editing.

I think what you want to write is something simple:

Dear Amazon,

On Prime Day (date) I ordered MODEL X for X PRICE. I was sent the wrong phone, twice. I have now been refunded for both incorrect phones, however, I want MODEL X for X price as was advertised and promised.

Then you can go into the lengthier explanation of what has happened although they probably do not care how you got there. At the end, state again what you WANT:

As you can see, I have returned both phones and received refunds. HOWEVER, I ordered X MODEL at X PRICE as advertised and I would like to purchase the correct phone for the correct price. Please me me know how to do so.

By going into lengthy detail on what has happened so far, you will only give them openings to "solve" the problem on their own with things like 5 dollar credits. The more you talk about what happened, the less likely they are to hear what you WANT. They will just assume you are an unhappy customer especially as the discount is probably more than they want to apply. They may still offer other solutions, but the the key is to repeat what you want!

Thanks. When I was trying to make it shorter and your suggestion here showed me that I didn't do it correctly again. I think your suggestion of what and how to say it will really help.

Thanks! Karma coming for you even though I will actually have to go to a browser to do it. See here I go again giving a long explanation where none is needed.

I would like your or anyone else reading this to help me determine what I should ask for as compensation. I went through 4 or 5 reps who each made things worse.

Someone did say to ask for the phone for free, but since it cost $449 dollars that seems like a lot. But I did save them a lot of money by not opening the box when I saw it wasn't the right one. I did this for both phones. My opening it would force them to sell it as used.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:25 AM   #45
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That is awesome.
Yep. I rarely deal with Kindle CS, so maybe it's just them who are so good. The CS for everything else is where I've always had problems.