Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2024, 05:36 PM   #541
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
In Bluestacks there is a Files app which allows you to export files to Windows. Don't know about a different emulator.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:27 PM   #542
riverz
riverz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Q. View Post
Hello. This time I really have to use this method and gosh, what a hard time I have...
Having had no luck the Bluestacks way, I am trying the solution given by Riverz on page 29.
Everything runs smoothly up to the point where his instructions say : "To extract the backup file for the calibre key I went to the nox/bin install directory and ran adb backup com.amazon.kindle from there."
The problem is I have absolutely no idea where to locate the "nox/bin install directory". What I downloaded is a thing called "nox_setup_v7.0.5.9_full_intl", clicked it, installation was successful (and I guess version 7.0.5.9 instead of 7.0.5.8 Riverz used doesn't make any difference), but nowhere is anything called "nox/bin install directory" or remotely reminding thereof to be found.
Am I doing something wrong ? Shouldn't I have used this (simple and efficient) installation method for Nox ? What would be the way out of this (or rather toward that "nox/bin" stuff) ?
Sorry for appearing ridiculously untechnical, but many thanks in advance for any help you can bring. (I think - or hope - that if I can fix this, the rest of the procedure with the command lines ought to be feasible.)
On my windows 11 PC that is fairly standard in setup it is:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Nox\bin

But this main vary for you, so use a file explorer to look and check.
riverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #543
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. began at the beginning.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverz View Post
On my windows 11 PC that is fairly standard in setup it is:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Nox\bin

But this main vary for you, so use a file explorer to look and check.
Thanks, I'll try that. But then I'll have to solve the other problem of "decryption keys" that seems to be a whole continent of issues of its own...
This is all going a bit over my head, I'm afraid. Maybe that's just what Amazon and such are looking for ; make things just hard enough to turn off most of even the best-willing people wanting to escape their tyranny...
Jacques Q. is offline   Reply With Quote