Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #1
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Export scribbles after marking up Word DOC file on Boox

I've been enjoying my Max 2 Pro immensely so far (Still have my original Max, which is mainly used as a giant ereader for PDFs and comics now...).

I read an essay which my son wrote for school, and I noticed a couple of small errors, so naturally I circled or underlined them, with some short comments, etc. The essay is a Word .doc file. NeoReader reads it (though font changed and layout reflowed), I can mark it up and it saves the scribbles with the file. However I cannot export the scribbles from the Scribble menu, it says "this doc is not supported for export".

I'm assuming my scribbles won't survive if I transfer the file back to my Mac - I tried opening the file in Xodo Docs on the Max 2 Pro and the scribbles were not there. However they were still there in NeoReader afterwards.

Anyone know a workaround so I can save this marked up .doc as a PDF? Or will I have to just screen shot the relevant sections?

Last edited by Crowriver; 09-11-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
lensmann
Zealot
lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox Max 2, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowriver View Post
Anyone know a workaround so I can save this marked up .doc as a PDF? Or will I have to just screen shot the relevant sections?
You can export it via the Table of Contents. Click on the icon that looks like a pencil when you're in the Table of Contents, and you'll see a list of pages which have a scribble on them. Click on the little square in the group of icons at the bottom right of the menu to select all. Then click on the export icon, and you'll have the option to export as PNGs or a PDF. It will only export the pages where there is a scribble, but it will create a PDF of those pages. On my Max 2 (not Pro), this works perfectly with .doc files.
lensmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2020, 03:06 PM   #3
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I will try this out as previously I just made a screenshot of the scribbled sections instead.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #4
Crowriver
Groupie

Yes, that works a treat. Thanks for this, it will be a very useful addition to my workflow.