Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 10:40 PM   #1
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Question Is it possible to have non-popup, permanent, actual footnotes?

The Pop-up Footnote thing is really great, but there are some books where I need to follow every footnote, so it'd be better to have all of them just shown on the page from the start. Like this:

According to this thread from last year, the In-page Footnotes I'm looking for should show up by default on any book that has footnotes. But I've never seen any In-page Footnotes for any of my books, though when I enable Pop-up Footnotes, the pop-ups work perfectly:

Is there a setting I'm missing? How do I get footnotes to show up as permanent In-page Footnotes on the page? I know the two places in the settings (Gear > Taps and gestures > Links, Document > Style tweaks > Miscellaneous > In-page footnotes), and I think I've tried every possible combination of them without any luck.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:39 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't understand it. If the first screenshot shows what you want (which is what I understand as in-page footnotes too), it seem you already got it. Or is that a mock up?

If you want to see the footnote in its own page (to maybe see footnotes-in-footnotes, for example), you can long-tap on the [33] and select "Follow link".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2022, 04:54 AM   #3
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I don't understand it. If the first screenshot shows what you want (which is what I understand as in-page footnotes too), it seem you already got it. Or is that a mock up?

If you want to see the footnote in its own page (to maybe see footnotes-in-footnotes, for example), you can long-tap on the [33] and select "Follow link".
No, it's just a screenshot that @Frenzie posted. I want to make that happen on my own instance. I already know how to see the footnote in its own page Just want those sweet sweet bottom-of-page true footnotes.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:24 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The popup footnotes don't work exactly the same (I know, I know), so there are a few scenarios that it can support the rest can't.

But note that only proper per-spec footnotes are enabled by default. What we call classic classname footnotes aren't.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:55 PM   #5
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)

So I guess I got "lucky" with books that always have slightly off-spec footnotes? Otherwise they'd show up normally, right?

I remember seeing a post where you(?) said the pop-up footnotes are handled by KOReader and the in-page footnotes are handled by crengine, so I guess KOReader is handling pop-up footnotes better (they haven't failed me yet) than crengine (has failed me every time).

Last edited by mbrisco; 06-20-2022 at 10:26 PM.
Advert
Old 06-08-2022, 06:12 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You could go to style tweaks and enable classic classname footnotes (long press for default) and see what it does.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:15 AM   #7
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)

No difference I'm afraid. Stubbornly a no-go on all the books I've tried

Tags
footnotes, koreader