Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Best for collections and managing on computer?

Using Win7 and sometimes Calibre (and still use Sigil)

I have Kindle Touch and normally sideload books so purchase-able content is not a significant factor

Managing collections on the KT is a royal-pain. Tedious in the extreme. (While jail-break is an option, I'd prefer not to)

Flipping through 15-20 screens of books in TOC is no joy either.

Recommendations or suggestions please for a reader that allows:

1. PC management (H)
2. Read in the dark capability (H)
3. Very good black on white screen (H)
4. epub or azw3 capable (M) (Calibre does a good conversion)
5. Purchase-able content (L)
6. Battery life (M)
7. Cost (L) (I'll give up eating for awhile)
8. Touch screen as opposed to buttons (M)

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by phossler; 01-20-2014 at 09:00 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Sony's out if you want a frontlight (and you're in the USA...). The lit Kobos fulfill your requirements - light, good shelves management with Calibre (check the sticky instructions in the Kobo subforum), good screen, epub, touch, etc. Choose your cost level and screen size, from the Glo through the newer Aura (smaller, capacitive touch, possibly a better light), right up to the larger Aura HD (beautiful screen). And if you're a tweaker, there are heaps of hacks in the Developer's Forum.

There are some others you may be able to import (Pocketbook, etc?) but I'm sorry I have no experience with them.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert