Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #16
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I often find fiction thought provoking. For example, I'm re-reading my favourite novel, "A Fine and Private Place" by Peter Beagle. I first read this about 30 years ago. Reading it when death is closer at hand changes the meaning, and I find myself frequently pausing and thinking about the ideas.

I do this pausing and thinking far more now when reading fiction, even when reading something like The Travelling Cat Chronicles. Maybe I've developed a more philosophical mind (Philosophy was one of the minor subjects I studied at Uni many years ago) or maybe it's just an excuse to pause and fuss a cat!

Bye the way, I would recommend that the OP reads Time Enough At Last by Lyn Venables. I think it's available on Project Gutenberg.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #17
kcladyz
I love my parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW4, KOBO H2O and Aura One E2, zenpad, ipad pro, Kindle fires
I went 20 years without reading mainly because I do not like the feel of books in my hands. I took a chance and bought the 2010 Nook and my reading took off. My first ebooks was The Inheritance Cycle and then the dark tower series. I broke my record and read around 37 books last year.
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote