Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-31-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
vitor.cassius
vitor.cassius began at the beginning.

Device: none
remove "cover"

Hi.
every .doc that I convert to epub produces the "first page" below.
(attached file)

I use a online tool to convert.

please, how can I remove that page?

Better, how can I remove any page of a epub individually?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (52).png
Views:	66
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	168713  
vitor.cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitor.cassius View Post
Hi.
every .doc that I convert to epub produces the "first page" below.
(attached file)

I use a online tool to convert.

please, how can I remove that page?

Better, how can I remove any page of a epub individually?
If there is no option to not generate a cover, you are out of luck. Instead of an online tool, I would suggest using calibre locally since that is what most of the online conversion pages use as their conversion engine.

As for removing a page individually? I'd suggest either Sigil or calibre's editor.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
vitor.cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If there is no option to not generate a cover, you are out of luck. Instead of an online tool, I would suggest using calibre locally since that is what most of the online conversion pages use as their conversion engine.

As for removing a page individually? I'd suggest either Sigil or calibre's editor.
thanks, dnsb.
but I believe that Calibre doesn't convert doc to epub
Old 01-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitor.cassius View Post
thanks, dnsb.
but I believe that Calibre doesn't convert doc to epub
There is a DOC Import plugin that will do it. But, if you can save as DOCX, the import plugin is built-in. And probably better.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The calibre Modify optional plugin can remove the cover from an ePub.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
vitor.cassius

thank you for the help, friends.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I use Word2CleanHtml dot com online. Toxaris has a Word plug-in that doesn't work for me but does work for most people; you can probably find the link in the Sigil forum.

I build my ebooks in Sigil, substituting my own header for the one Sigil presents when opening a new book (you can grab it from my blog) and linking to my own style sheet (also on my blog).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
My Word add-in should work in all versions of Word 2007 or above.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #9
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
My Word add-in should work in all versions of Word 2007 or above.
I'm sure it should. It just doesn't work in mine. Perhaps because the box is 32-bit? It doesn't matter. I am happy doing it online.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I'm sure it should. It just doesn't work in mine. Perhaps because the box is 32-bit? It doesn't matter. I am happy doing it online.
Nope, 32 or 64 bit doesn't matter in this case. I am more than happy to find out what doesn't work.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Notjohn - do you use any other 3rd party Word Addins.

I also have problems with ePubTools' HTML and EPUB generation steps, pretty sure its because of the Office Tabs add-in I use. For me the latter takes priority because I don't know of any other way to get a tabbed multi-document interface in Office applications, whereas there are several alternatives to get from a DOCX to an EPUB.

When Toxaris releases his new version I will retry those tools again.

BR
Old 01-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #12
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Notjohn - do you use any other 3rd party Word Addins.
Yes, I have a WordStar command set written by Mike Petrie in Britain. I believe however that he simply wrote macros for the editing commands, rather than a software/utility.

Quote:
As will I! Indeed, I should try it on my Lenovo Win 10 notebook, though I'm not as pleased with it as I thought I would be. The keyboard is a bit cramped.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #13
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:

BR
Well, the good news is that I started working on that version again. So far so good, a lot of code reduction.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Yes, I have a WordStar command set written by Mike Petrie in Britain. I believe however that he simply wrote macros for the editing commands, rather than a software/utility.
I'm pretty sure macros don't interfere with EPubTools in any way. I have zillions of them, too many by a lot more than a half I wish Word had a means of organising Macros in a hierarchical manner. I got a lot more when installed TransTools the other day.

Like ePubTools, Office Tabs is a COM add-on. I don't need Office Tabs as much as I did.

@Toxaris - curious will version 2.0 'simply' be refactored code, or will there be new/improved features too? One thing I yearn for is a tool that will find contractions in narrative but ignore them in dialogue. Given you have Dialogue Checker it shoudn't be beyond the realms of possibility. I realise possessives would generate false positives.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-09-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #15
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
@Toxaris - curious will version 2.0 'simply' be refactored code, or will there be new/improved features too? One thing I yearn for is a tool that will find contractions in narrative but ignore them in dialogue. Given you have Dialogue Checker it shoudn't be beyond the realms of possibility. I realise possessives would generate false positives.

BR
It will be refactored for sure, as I changing programming language. The HTML engine will be completely replaced, utilizing a totally different method. Some other new features, some inspired by the TransTools mentioned earlier. Definitely speed improvements as well.

I know you 'want' the feature you mention, but I am still not sure how to handle that. It is very much dependent on the language used, as each language has different rules. It will not be in 2.0 for sure, but I will look at it more closely afterwards.