Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Pamela S. Beason
Pamela S. Beason began at the beginning.

Device: none
Getting into ebook publishing

Hi, I'm an author trying to navigate through the confusing ebook world.

You can find info about me and my books--suspense novel WILD and nonfiction Save Your Money, Your Sanity, and Our Planet on Smashwords at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10349

I listed them at $1.99 so everyone could download them. WILD is a Recommended Read on Suspense Magazine and has received many enthusiastic reviews on Amazon as a print book.

The Kindle versions are coming at the same price whenever Amazon gets its act together and lists them.

I would love to know what ebook readers are looking for, what they hate and what they love about their ereaders, etc., and the experiences other authors have in trying to sell their works as ebooks. I'm hoping this new digital world will be the revolution that authors need to thrive and readers need to save their dough.
Pamela S. Beason
www.pamelasbeason.net
Pamela S. Beason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I just bought your book Wild and after I checked out, I noticed it's not in Mobi format... I always download in Mobi from Smashwords...

Is this something new?

Anyway, not to worry as I can convert the book... It sounds interesting and frightening.. Thanks for making it available at such a low price.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I have your book Wild in my library at Smashwords for downloading sometime in the near future!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Best of luck, Pamela. Good to have your company. There's a whole heap of ebook etailers out there now that you should check out for the widest possible exposure. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Welcome Pamela!
WILD sounds great. Happy sales and reading to you!
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
money saving ebook, save your money, suspense ebook, wild