Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
koreader not showing up as a book

I read the info on installing koreader, and on the new firmware it seems that it doesn't show up as an app anymore. Any idea on how to make it show up, or is it known to be broken? I have to launch kual and then go to koreader file browser to use it.

Am I doing something wrong?
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Nausicaa: Nope, KUAL is the way to go when KPVBooklet isn't supported .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
I read the info on installing koreader, and on the new firmware it seems that it doesn't show up as an app anymore. Any idea on how to make it show up, or is it known to be broken? I have to launch kual and then go to koreader file browser to use it.

Am I doing something wrong?
What model Kindle?
Running what firmware version (as shown in the device info display)?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What model Kindle?
Running what firmware version (as shown in the device info display)?
I am using a PW2 2GB, on the latest 5.9.6. I have tried koreader stable (2015) and the lastest beta (6/10/2018).

I remember that I used to be able to open files in the browser that weren't supported by kindle automatically before.

(I just looked up KPVBooklet). Sorry I didn't understand it, it was seamless so I thought it was a KUAL/koreader issue.

For anyone who found this: https://github.com/koreader/kpvbooklet/releases

Thank you.

Last edited by Nausicaa; 06-12-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You most likely have to re-install KPVBooklet, I don't think it is bridged across updates.
Note: fw-5.9.x changes the schema of the database files used, which might effect KPVbooklet.
Whereas an fw update does not change the portion of storage where the user databases are kept, do to the changes in database structure - 5.9.x is an exception to the general rule.

Unlike some other models, I do not recall seeing any reports related to the PW2 model having been posted.

On the other hand, problems related to firmware version 5.9.x have been reported.
Have you look into the KOReader forum here for any mention of firmware version related problems?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=276
(I don't use it so I don't follow it.)

A helpful answer? I must be mellowing with age.

Last edited by knc1; 06-12-2018 at 07:30 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert