Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #91
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@downeaster59: Well, too bad then :/.

I'll document this, and I guess we'll live with the "start upright" workaround for now...
Poor lefties .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:07 PM   #92
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@downeaster59: Well, too bad then :/.

I'll document this, and I guess we'll live with the "start upright" workaround for now...
Poor lefties .
I'm a righty, but sill prefer the KOA2 with lefty buttons! My wiring is somewhat unusual...

Thanks again for all your efforts. KOReader is fully usable, as long as I start in righty mode. I can definitely live with that!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #93
Lepri
Lepri began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
I tried to start with buttons on the left.
And maybe that could help.
When I click on the book on the top, it actually starts book on the bottom.
Top right click it receives as bottom left.
Top left click it receives as bottom right.
And vice versa.
Is it possible to change signs in framebuffer when starting with buttons on the left?
Change up to down and right to left?
Lepri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #94
Lepri
Lepri began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Ok. There's one problem.

I start koreader with buttons on the right and begin to read.
I push button and response is instant. I push button and page refreshes instantly ~20-30ms.
But if I rotate the screen while reading with buttons on the left, then response after pushing the button is ~200-300ms.
Not instant like with buttons on the right. I have to wait while page begin to refresh after I push the button.
If I rotate it back with buttons on the right, response become instant like before.
Lepri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Lepri: This is specifically what this bit of code is supposed to handle.

It appears to do the job on the original Oasis (it was contributed by an Oasis user), but apparently doesn't exactly do everything right on the KOA2.

It might do too much, or not enough, or something wrong. This is typically the kind of stuff I'd put through trial and error (aka, throw shit on the wall and see what sticks), because while I get what's happening, the seven billion layers of indirection involved in rotation handling make my brain hurt ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
koa2, koreader