Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
mor
mor began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903, Onyx M90
asking for initial info developing apps

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of ebook readers. Soon I will get Onyx M90 and I have already BeBook (old edition) and PocketBook 903.

I am really looking forward to learning how to develop apps for these devices. I think these devices have a lot of unexplored potential in such areas as stylus interaction, document editing, network apps, or p2p apps. I have some experience programming in C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Python, and have done some mobile apps in Java but it seems that for Onyx one needs to develop strictly in C. Is that true? (Can we use C++ too?) My preferred OS for development is Linux, is that a problem? Where do I start, what documentation or examples can I look at? Any information and pointers to information will be appreciated!

best regards

mor
mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Have a look at booxusers.com
Many of your questions are answered there.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yes booxusers.com is a fantastic community and there is already a bunch of developing going on there.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote