Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Empty file window when adding books...?

Linux Mint 18.3. Been running Calibre like forever, working fine. Was away 1,5 weeks, updated Calibre to 3.26.1 (from 3.24 I think) and now when I choose any of the "add books"-options I get an empty window. I can press cancel.

It shows which directory it is trying to read from, and that is accessable and working fine elsewhere. (It's 1813 files/directories in that specific one if that matters. It's local.)

I have been trying on and off for two days now, and 2-3 times a list of directories actually was shown, but when I clicked on something nothing happens.

Have checked os/error logs and fs seem to be fine.

Ideas?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can tell calibre to use its internal file dialog if the OS provided one is broken. Se the environment variable

CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
That worked! Thanks!
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote