Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #31
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Does anyone own the gold and the graphite? I know having two Oasis is a bit much but I am tempted
I too have been tempted but managed to resist so far. What if there is another new Kindle in the autumn that I “must have”?! I use my Oasis with no cover or case, even when reading outdoors, so if I break it the replacement will be gold. Despite a number of (truly) accidental drops and falls there hasn’t been any damage worth mentioning.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #32
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Does anyone own the gold and the graphite? I know having two Oasis is a bit much but I am tempted
Yes, I have both in this house. And just today I saw a man reading with his champagne gold Oasis while enjoying a cappuccino.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:59 PM   #33
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
I too have been tempted but managed to resist so far. What if there is another new Kindle in the autumn that I “must have”?! I use my Oasis with no cover or case, even when reading outdoors, so if I break it the replacement will be gold. Despite a number of (truly) accidental drops and falls there hasn’t been any damage worth mentioning.
I have a fintie case but usually take it out to read if i am on carpet
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:00 AM   #34
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Yes, I have both in this house. And just today I saw a man reading with his champagne gold Oasis while enjoying a cappuccino.
Main thing stopping me is i I just spent shy of $600 on a 128GB iPad in the new improved Gold and an S Pen
Old 06-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #35
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Main thing stopping me is i I just spent shy of $600 on a 128GB iPad in the new improved Gold and an S Pen
I had no idea that IPad had a improved gold color. I'll need to check those out. I have an Air 2 in rose gold. I got it used but it's in like new condition and came with a red Apple cover. So I'm happy with it. Gold is a very popular color it seems.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #36
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I had no idea that IPad had a improved gold color. I'll need to check those out. I have an Air 2 in rose gold. I got it used but it's in like new condition and came with a red Apple cover. So I'm happy with it. Gold is a very popular color it seems.

The new gold has a tad of rose to it. It changes depending on your lighting in my opinion. At work it looks like a gold with rose or copper and here at home it looks to be pumpkin LOL

Last edited by HLS; 06-04-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #37
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The new gold has a tad of rose to it. It changes depending on your lighting in my opinion. At work it looks like a gold with rose or copper and here at home it looks to be pumpkin LOL
Lol ! Maybe pumpkin is the new gold. I saw it on the Apple site and it looks nice.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #38
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Lol ! Maybe pumpkin is the new gold. I saw it on the Apple site and it looks nice.
it looks NOTHING like the photo.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #39
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
I guess now I'll have to see them in person next time I'm at a best buy. They didn't have the gold Oasis 2. on display at the one I went to. So maybe they will have it by then. I want to see what it looks like too.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #40
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:

Your so right about the color of the" new gold " IPad ! I saw an IPad Pro at Walmart. It looks more orange copper than the picture on the Apple site. Defiantly pumpkin.

I still would like to see the gold Oasis 2, but Walmart doesn't have Kindles. I'll need to go to Best Buy at some point. Hopefully they will have one on display by then.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #41
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Your so right about the color of the" new gold " IPad ! I saw an IPad Pro at Walmart. It looks more orange copper than the picture on the Apple site. Defiantly pumpkin.

I still would like to see the gold Oasis 2, but Walmart doesn't have Kindles. I'll need to go to Best Buy at some point. Hopefully they will have one on display by then.
Its the regular ipad not the pro lol but ya put it near red or pink the gold looks rose gold, on another lighting it looks pumpkin and sometimes it looks copper. its crazy
Old 06-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #42
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Its the regular ipad not the pro lol but ya put it near red or pink the gold looks rose gold, on another lighting it looks pumpkin and sometimes it looks copper. its crazy
They may have had the wrong sign in front of it, it just said IPad Pro. They also had a mini 4 but that was in silver. So only the new IPad has the new gold color ?
Old 06-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #43
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
They may have had the wrong sign in front of it, it just said IPad Pro. They also had a mini 4 but that was in silver. So only the new IPad has the new gold color ?
I am not sure but I think so. They already have a rose gold in the pro line so it makes no sense to make a regular gold with a touch of rose to it
Old 06-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #44
HLS
Wizard

I wish there was a yellow I pad to match my pretty parakeet
Old 06-14-2018, 03:37 PM   #45
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
I wish there was a yellow I pad to match my pretty parakeet

Lol ! What's your parakeet's name ? Goldie ?

If Apple came up with the color to match your bird, it would be lemony gold with hints of pumpkin.