Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #1
god-future
god-future began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
No free space on device - IOError Errno 28]

Hi guys, I try to convert a book into mobi, but somehow it stops after few min.

My setup is a Ubuntu Mate on USB stick and my library is located on an external drive. I do not know why it claims there might be no space. I have plenty.

Might this be related to tmp or other working dirs?

Code:
calibre 3.7  embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.16.3-041603-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-17.10-artful Linux ('64bit', '')
('Linux', '4.16.3-041603-generic', '#201804190730 SMP Thu Apr 19 07:32:02 UTC 2018')
Python 2.7.14
Linux: ('Ubuntu', '17.10', 'artful')
Interface language: de
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 157, in convert_ebook
    self.do_convert(book_ids, bulk=bulk)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 174, in do_convert
    self.gui.library_view.model().db, book_ids, out_format=prefs['output_format'])
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/tools.py", line 60, in convert_single_ebook
    index_is_id=True)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 346, in copy_format_to
    return self.new_api.copy_format_to(book_id, fmt, dest, use_hardlink=use_hardlink)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cache.py", line 739, in copy_format_to
    use_hardlink=use_hardlink, report_file_size=report_file_size)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/backend.py", line 1453, in copy_format_to
    shutil.copyfileobj(f, dest)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 66, in copyfileobj
    fdst.write(buf)
IOError: [Errno 28] Auf dem Gerät ist kein Speicherplatz mehr verfügbar
god-future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, conversion copies files out of the library to /tmp and uses /tmp for various intermediate data.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:33 AM   #3
god-future

Understood. In my case, I have created a tmpfs on tmp to decrease the wear of my USB stick. Which also explains the limited amount of space.

Is there a possibility to override these "intermediate workding dirs"?

In this case I could move these folders onto the hard drive which has plenty of free space.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:41 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by god-future View Post
Is there a possibility to override these "intermediate workding dirs"?
Have a look to see if there's anything in calibre User Manual -> Customizing calibre -> Environment variables Ψ²

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
god-future

In the guide you mention I can find only win and osx. And I guess these env variables exist only on windows. How could I possibly change them in Ubuntu?

Thank you in advance!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:14 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
google how to set environment variables in ubuntu
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, errno 28, memory stick, mobi, ubuntu