Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
weidbrewer
weidbrewer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hey, Kovid, if you ever get bored with this ebook thing...

...I would nominate you for Supreme Ruler of the World if you developed an MP3 version of Calibre. Man, I knew I loved this program, but I hadn't realized how much I took it for granted until I started finally cleaning up my music collection...
weidbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Calibre for mp3?
In my opinion this program already exists.

MediaMonkey:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/

The free version ist quite good. But to pay $20 for the "Gold" version (lifetime updates) is a good choise.

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately, I'm not musically inclined, so if I get bored of ebooks, it's likely to be something else entirely
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I don't see much use for a music Calibre, the MP3 area is already done by Itune's ect.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just for giggles, Kovid, any ideas about what that might be?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Just for giggles, Kovid, any ideas about what that might be?
None whatsoever Four years ago I was all set to be an academic physicist, who knows what it will be four years from now. I've discovered I like operating by the seat of my pants.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:19 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
None whatsoever Four years ago I was all set to be an academic physicist, who knows what it will be four years from now. I've discovered I like operating by the seat of my pants.
Being (almost) a physicist myself, and probably heading into academia, may I ask what made you change your mind, apart from Calibre? Just out of interest.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Being (almost) a physicist myself, and probably heading into academia, may I ask what made you change your mind, apart from Calibre? Just out of interest.
I found that the academic life offered me a lot less freedom than I had naively imagined it would. That, and the fact that I am a merely competent physicist, so I didn't see myself making a contribution I could be proud of.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
I found that the academic life offered me a lot less freedom than I had naively imagined it would. That, and the fact that I am a merely competent physicist, so I didn't see myself making a contribution I could be proud of.
I see, thanks.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #10
weidbrewer
weidbrewer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm not musically inclined, so if I get bored of ebooks, it's likely to be something else entirely
Can't blame a guy for trying Seriously great software - raises the bar for labor-of-love applications everywhere
weidbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote