Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #121
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
I stated earlier that the page turning seemed slower in this new version compared to the archaic 3.19 firmware I've been using.
Well, I decided to give it another chance and side-loaded 4.6.9995 again, and again, I felt it was slower at page turns. So I went back to 3.19, made a video of page turns, re-side-loaded 4.6 and made a video of page turns using it.
I watched the videos side by side several times, and the speed looks identical.
I've come to the conclusion it must be psychological.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:12 AM   #122
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast
OrangeFlavored doesn't litterOrangeFlavored doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Seems to not have any obvious issues, nice to finally be able to leave wifi again after avoiding the updates for a while due to most of them having some major issue or another on my H2O. Noticed they did change the preset for refreshing the screen to once per chapter rather than once per 6 pages that it used to be but it seems fine like this so I just left it there rather than changing it back.
OrangeFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #123
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
For the record, this version is also working fine on the mini.
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #124
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
To my knowledge there is no way to know what version you are syncing to until after the syncing.

Has this good version been released to all the sites so that I can feel assured that I'll get it if I sync?

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:28 AM   #125
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Has this good version been released to all the sites so that I can feel assured that I'll get it if I sync?
If you really want to be sure which version you get, you can always sideload it...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
To my knowledge there is no way to know what version you are syncing to until after the syncing.

As it has not yet been a week since Kobo released this firmware, it will still not be being sent to all affiliates.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #127
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
I have had no response from Kobo CS. The auto-reply email said I should expect a response within 24 hrs - it's been 4 days so far. And the link to update my question in the auto-reply takes me to the store home page!

So I have had to initiate another complaint and included the ID number of my first complaint about the problems caused by the upgrade.
I'm very grateful for the information (and people who post it) on this site and the ability to go back to a previous version easily.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #128
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete
Given that your affiliate is Kobo, you will not get 4.6.9995 if you sync. Kobo (as an affiliate) is not yet distributing this firmware. But as has already been said, you can side load and you'll be sure to get it. I did and I have it. I don't sync firmware releases. I side load when I am ready to do so.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #129
errenay
Enthusiast
errenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
It is possible to check your "future" version, without previous syncing. It can be done with url relevant to your e-reader:
https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/
errenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #130
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
e, thanks, but those details are beyond my comprehension at this time (and I don't have time to bone up).

I'll just wait until syncing at kobo.com is virtually assured of providing the good version.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
e, thanks, but those details are beyond my comprehension at this time (and I don't have time to bone up).

I'll just wait until syncing at kobo.com is virtually assured of providing the good version.
Have a look at the correct URL.

https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Then you can easily find the URL for your KA1. All you do is plug your KA1 into the computer and unzip all of the files in the ZIP file into the .kobo directory. Eject the KA1 and then it will update.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:17 AM   #132
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From what I've been told the 9960 build is not being pushed to any devices now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #133
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
Firmware was working great for three days but now I am experiencing several problems, the most annoying of which is the ereader freezing up. I've decided to roll back to the version I was using previously.

Last edited by ElWorm; 10-21-2017 at 07:46 PM.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:00 AM   #134
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
killing "finished" and "unread" unwanted pop-ups

I've finally decided to update to .9995 and liked how the access to collections was so much quicker, but just discovered a very annoying feature I haven't read about anywhere: when returning to books from collections a pop-up gave me a list of 4 books at more than 95% read for more than a month and asked me whether I wanted to mark them as finished. I unchecked them all and closed the pop-up. Next time I returned from collections a similar pop-up appeared about 5 books at less than 1% asking whether I wanted to mark them as unread. I unchecked / closed as well.

Now I'm again returning to books from collections, and the same pop-ups about the same 4 then 5 books appear again.

Anybody had the same problem? Is there a way around?

If I can't kill that I'll have to downgrade which is a pity since I'll miss the improved reactivity.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:12 AM   #135
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Are you saying that you are in collections and the press books, so having all the book list? If so, it doesn't happen to me (and I have books currently reading for more than a month).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote