Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
STORMCROW
STORMCROW began at the beginning.

Device: CYBOOK GEN3
Angry New and Frustrated

Hi,
I was hoping my first posting might be on asking for information or some other useful book building task, such is not to be. Instead I am asking for advice because the frustration levels are rising rapidly.

I received two ebooks on Christmas Eve (one for me and one for my wife - stops arguements over reading). It was lovely all was going well then my wifes unit just packed in. Both the unit and SD card can be recognised by the PC but when switched on the screen has a single line on it. My wife has contacted booken about this and after some days received several helpful messages but nothing has improved and now they have stopped replying to her. What on earth can we do.

All helpful advice is most welcome.

Not very good customer relations.
STORMCROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Sorry about the delay in answering. There are so many new posts each day that I usually skip the ones in this subforum.

It sounds like a hardware failure. The Cybook has to go back to Bookeen.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
STORMCROW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Sorry about the delay in answering. There are so many new posts each day that I usually skip the ones in this subforum.

It sounds like a hardware failure. The Cybook has to go back to Bookeen.
Hi Nate, and thanks for the post. The unit has indeed been sent back to bookeen and my wife is now awaiting a response from them. fingers crossed time. Cheers!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum STORMCROW. Be sure and let us know what happens
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
sorry to hear about your misfortune jednash, hope it works out soon
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMCROW View Post
Hi Nate, and thanks for the post. The unit has indeed been sent back to bookeen and my wife is now awaiting a response from them. fingers crossed time. Cheers!
Any reply yet?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #7
STORMCROW

resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any reply yet?
Hi JSWOLF and all the other members tuning in and replying. As I have shared my frustration let me share my joy. Bookeen eventually sent us a return materials authorisation which my wife did. The net outcome is that today we received a replacement/repaired cybook which works a dream. Im so chuffed this has a happy ending. Now all that remains is to say thanks not just to Bookeen but to those who posted thier replies, its nice to know your not on your own when your down in the dumps.
Take care one and all and enjoy!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMCROW View Post
Hi JSWOLF and all the other members tuning in and replying. As I have shared my frustration let me share my joy. Bookeen eventually sent us a return materials authorisation which my wife did. The net outcome is that today we received a replacement/repaired cybook which works a dream. Im so chuffed this has a happy ending. Now all that remains is to say thanks not just to Bookeen but to those who posted thier replies, its nice to know your not on your own when your down in the dumps.
Take care one and all and enjoy!
Congratulations on getting your Gen3 replaced and glad it is now a working unit. I think what Bookeen should do is better communication so you know what's going on at the various stages. Not that they don't care and won't sort out what's wrong, just that they are not the best at communication. But that said, even large companies can be not great at communication.

One company I was really happy with was Samsung. My 20.1" LCD monitor died on me. I think it's a short someplace. And they got me a fully working refurbished monitor in a week's time. I didn't ask about faster shipping since I have a space CRT monitor that did for that time and 1/2 that I was on vacation anyway.

All-in-all, I am glad this has a happy ending.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote