Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-12-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Dataset(s) of award-winning fiction?

I have been going through recipients of the Hugo and Nebula Awards in order to add items to my To Be Read lists/library holds/Kobo wishlist/etc. recently and I was curious if anybody knows if this information is available in any kind of structured manner. If not, would there be any interest in it?

I threw together a little scraper today for the Hugo Awards website which looks sufficient for my own needs, though it does tend to err on authors with commas in their names. Since I am just going through the output by hand, I'm willing to put up with the usual “Jr.” or “PhD” in someone's name, and meanwhile I find it very convenient to be able to sort and filter by year, by category, by winner/nominee, and so on.

If there is any interest in this, I would be more than happy to share the scraped output, and also put together a scraper for the Nebula – or possibly other – awards, too.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:55 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Wikipedia has a tabular listing by year with a separate article (page) for each category.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 08:33 PM   #3
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Wikipedia has a tabular listing by year with a separate article (page) for each category.
Thanks a lot for this. Saved me a ton of effort.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:53 AM   #4
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
You might want to take a look at the Science Fiction Awards Database.

And for details of the book editions themselves I usually turn to the Internet Speculative Fiction Database.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, data, hugo, nebula award