Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 01-02-2023, 09:29 PM   #1
ElectricOutcast
ElectricOutcast began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Surface Go 2
The E-Reader I've been looking for

This is more a thank you praise to this website and developers for turning me on to this app that I downloaded on Microsoft Edge during the final days of last year. In this post I will list what I'm liking about this app and a list of things that may need to be improved.

Things I like:
#1 The text to speech feature. You guys obviously made use of the Edge Text-To-Speech feature that I have personally used in the past and as result, the fact that it highlights word-for-word the voice is reading to me is helping keep focus while I read books long hand. Now, for the record, I put the voices on mute and just follow the flashing highlighter until it reaches the end of the chapter.

#2 Most Text-To-Speech E-readers I've been using on my Android tablet, they'll take E-Pub format, but they always keep changing how it looks compared to when I look at the book on my Kindle app. With this app, practically nothing about the eBook gets compromised, aside from some instances where the first letter of a chapter sentence stars with a large bold letter. Minor problem that may need to look at being fixed.

#3 Read Aloud actually pausing at the end of a chapter. Now I do understand if some people find that feature to be off-putting, but I don't. Now to add to this part of the list, I find that if you switch the reading style to 'book style' and set the column width to '250 mm', it will auto-switch pages while the Read Aloud is doing its work and will automatically stop when it reaches the end of the chapter. I like this feature do not change it.

Finally to get to something that needs to be fixed, now I didn't find out until just now that when you need to reach a stopping point and want to pick back up where you left off, that you could set a bookmark and when you reopen the book in the browser, it will pick up where you left off. Now personally, I don't have a problem with doing that, but there are gonna be times where I will forget to set a bookmark before I close a book. So maybe down the road, look at adding an auto-bookmark for when we reach a place where we need to stop.

One more thing: if from what I'm researching on the Microsoft Surface tablets are true about using the full Windows OS, I think this will be the first app that I will use for when I get a Microsoft Surface tablet.

Thank you to the people who made this app, this will be my go-to for reading from now on.
ElectricOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote