Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-24-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
GsMumbo
GsMumbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hierarchy Help - Nested Series, Publisher Grouping

I'm looking to use Calibre to organize my comics and serve them via OPDS. I can't seem to figure out a few things about hierarchies though.

Nested Series
I've enabled the nesting of series using "." which works great in the tag browser. No matter what I do though I can't get any OPDS software to honor that nesting. I've tried calibre-server, COPS, calibre-web, etc. and no matter what I do, they always appear like this:

Superman.Vol1

Instead of:

Superman, then Vol1 when you drill down in to it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an OPDS software that will honor the nested series?

Grouping
This one applies to the desktop app along with any given OPDS software. I want to be able to pick a publisher (Marvel for example), then see all the Series available (Iron Man V1, Iron Man V2, etc for example)

Am I trying to push Calibre beyond it's limits, or is any of this possible? Any help would be appreciated!
GsMumbo is offline   Reply With Quote