Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 02:11 AM   #1
Booky99
Booky99 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 3, Paperwhite
Oasis 3 and Calibre

I just purchased an Oasis 3 last week and learned that Calibre does not support this device. Are there any other book converter apps that support Oasis 3? Does anyone know when/if Calibre will become compatible with the Oasis 3? I'm wondering if I should just go back to my Paperwhite. The reason I upgraded was only due to blue light. Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer.
Booky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Calibre supports the Oasis 3. Possibly you're using an old version? If so, update to the latest version.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Booky99

Thank you for replying...I really appreciate it. Are you sure it supports the 2019 Oasis? When I connect my new Oasis with a USB, Calibre won't recognize it. I looked online and it says that Calibre supports the 2017 Oasis, but not the 2019 Oasis. I updated my Calibre to 3.46.0. Is there a more recent version. Thanks again for your help!
Old 08-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky99 View Post
Thank you for replying...I really appreciate it. Are you sure it supports the 2019 Oasis? When I connect my new Oasis with a USB, Calibre won't recognize it. I looked online and it says that Calibre supports the 2017 Oasis, but not the 2019 Oasis. I updated my Calibre to 3.46.0. Is there a more recent version. Thanks again for your help!
That's the latest and yes, it works with the Oasis 2019 just fine. Does your computer recognize the Oasis? Calibre can't recognize it if the computer doesn't. Try a different USB port and/or USB cable, perhaps that will help.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I had a bit of difficulty getting my computer to recognize my Oasis 3 at first. Once I swapped the USB cable that I'd been using for the one that came with my Oasis 3, the computer (and Calibre) recognized the device and everything worked fine.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #6
Booky99

Thank you both so much for your help!! I had downloaded the newest version of Calibre a few weeks ago, but I guess the old app was still showing on my desktop and that was the issue.I just re-downloaded Calibre and it's working with my Oasis. Thanks!