Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #106
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Ok, so we can go with a translation of enable/disable for on and off. Activer and Désactiver should do it for the french localisation. The one I don't understand in english is defect size
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #107
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Ok, so we can go with a translation of enable/disable for on and off. Activer and Désactiver should do it for the french localisation. The one I don't understand in english is defect size
KOReader tries to ignore stains on scanned pdf page before reflowing. The defect size option defines the threshold of stain size.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #108
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Thank you, chrox
All done bar someone else's sanity check
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #109
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
thomass
I corrected a few typos in my Russian translations. Please re-merge it to the project.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #110
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
thomass
I corrected a few typos in my Russian translations. Please re-merge it to the project.
you should asked this from dave2008, chrox or hawhill ( not me )
anyway they will see this post.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #111
Carcara
Carcara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
I have tested with the original reader.lua, with Kindle in English (US). Works perfect this way. Maybe the problem is with the brazilian portuguese localization (or localization in general, maybe). Thanks for the feedback.
I didn't notice the solution two: change language to English us. Where did you found this hint?
I also use brazilian portuguese and confirmed that changing it to English corrected the problem of closing koreader from KPV booklet. It also worked with my problem with the reading progress status of a pdf in the main screen. Thank you very much for this hint. I think I ll uninstall kual now that KPV works with koreader in the way I need.

Btw, I added some translations and suggested a few of what you did. It's almost done now. I left behind only some that I didn't get the context. I ll try to finish it in the weekend. If you want to discuss some points we can talk by pm or transifex. In portuguese please :-P
Carcara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #112
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think the translations will be updated regularly - but if you really, really want to make sure, post to the relevant issue on github. But I'm fairly confident that it will get picked up anyway soon.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #113
rehanog
rehanog began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Full Justification, Full Screen

Hi,

Many thanks for the wonderful work.

Three things I wish I could do. Not sure if I am missing something (i.e. haven't found the relevant configuration option - in which case could someone point me in the right direction), or if these are requests for features that don't exist yet.

1. Full justification on both left and right side of the page
2. Read full screen (i.e., remove the header with book title, time, page no)
3. Set margins

Kind regards,

Rehan
rehanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #114
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The policy (in the original application) was to fill as much of the screen as possible.

Perhaps report these as feature requests on GITHUB
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #115
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I've tested the solution below with my Touch and my Paperwhite, seems to work on both, and without side effects. Now KOReader exits normally and the Kindle home screen is shown completely, with menu bar. Two steps, all inside the "koreader" folder:

Spoiler:
ONE: Change the following function on reader.lua (line 176 or a little more) with the following:

Code:
function FileManager:onClose()
		os.exit()
		return true
	end
TWO: Change the default Kindle language to English (US).
Same problem but with version 93, 100 and 107 I had to replace the 38!
Thanks for the solution. Now I try and point out to chrox of "issue".
PS: Italian translation completed.
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #116
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Guys, as KOReader now runs only on firmwares >= 5.1.0, you can try to use Kindle_Touch_Hacking#LIPC_Lua_bindings instead of lipc-X command line utilities. Though, I don't know whether this technical capability brings any potential advantages...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #117
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Nothing to do, I tried to change the file reader.lua KOReader but no longer opens when I click on pdf file.
I had to change the language of your Kindle in Inglese (U.S.) to run Koreader V107.
I hope something can be done.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #118
Aj74
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have tested with the original reader.lua, with Kindle in English (US). Works perfect this way. Maybe the problem is with the brazilian portuguese localization (or localization in general, maybe). Thanks for the feedback.
Edit the file. Lua is not served.
I had to change the language of your Kindle in Inglese (U.S.) to run Koreader v107.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #119
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
Nothing to do, I tried to change the file reader.lua KOReader but no longer opens when I click on pdf file.
I had to change the language of your Kindle in Inglese (U.S.) to run Koreader V107.
What line endings did your editor use?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #120
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Changing the font resolved the wrong exhibtion of accentuaded characters *in the document*. By the way, the brazilian portuguese translation I've helped to do appears much wrong, because it seems KOReader UI font does not support accent marks (it shows squares instead of á, ç...).

Thanks for the attention, in hope for a fix!

Update: Also, the new version (koreader-v2013.03-107-g0dfa2c8) is not going home anymore (paralyses everything when I try to quit). It was perfect two versions before.
Yeah, the default font DroidSansFallback does not support all the characters. We all collecting default fonts for different languages right now.

Will be helpful if you can tell us what's the best font for portuguese (just reply in following link: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/53)
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch