Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:22 PM   #136
blinder
blinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Here is the reworked version of my original reply, so forum will not think of it as a duplicate now I hope
=====================================

Davidfor, thank you so much. It works now. Looks like it is v1.9 (r25373 2011-03-29) revision 9999. It even had previous owner settings with books. I did a factory reset on that image and pulled post reset image for future use, if I need to recover again. That would be proper image to share ;-).

I think, you might not have N647 anymore to generate post reset image. Do you?

Looks like .kobo/version file from 1.1GB FAT32 partition has WiFi MAC and 538MB ext2 partition has "sn.bin" file with serial number.

It does not looks like they generated on the fly from Kobo hardware, they probably hardcoded in those files from previous owner device. I will try to change those to match to my existing SN and MAC. Do you know if there are more files to edit to fix those? Perhaps, I should try to get proper SN/MAC files from my original broken image to fix that cosmetic issue with SN?

Also, are you aware of any cool hacks on that Kobo? I would be primarily interested in enabling telnet or ssh access to it with shell access to all partitions, so I don't have to disassemble it every time I need to access all partitions.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:06 PM   #137
alfredhayes
alfredhayes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Books went missing (N647)

Kobo app won't recognize it
Calibre can't read the database
I see the device when I plug it into my Windows machine and can transfer .epub to it, but the device says "no books"
Tried a factory reset but no dice.

I think I need a image? (and some help).
Old 06-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #138
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:13 AM   #139
captregisbi
captregisbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi n647
PLEASE send me the image for Kobo N647

PLEASE send me the image for Kobo N647
Old 07-26-2019, 03:16 AM   #140
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #141
dexmor
dexmor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi ereader
Need sd image asap please help

Could someone send me sd image for n647 please i really need it. thanks
Old 08-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #142
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@dexmor: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:26 PM   #143
dexmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@dexmor: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Thanks Mr david, I think it is because i am a noob to the forum. But it's great though i'l get to post around and explore a bit. I'll get back when it's enabled. Have a good one
Old 08-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #144
elw
elw began at the beginning.

Device: PageOne, lBook V3+, Kobo eReader
@davidfor - 10x!!!

what version software in image?
Old 08-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #145
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elw View Post
@davidfor - 10x!!!

what version software in image?
I don't know. I believe it was taken after a factory reset, but, I don't know if an update was done. I don't have a WiFi to test it on.

The alternative answer is:

The right one to get the device going.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:41 PM   #146
raiseal
raiseal began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Red face another image request

just has Model: N647 on the body.

thank you,

raiseal
Old 08-25-2019, 01:24 AM   #147
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@raiseal: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #148
elw
elw began at the beginning.

Device: PageOne, lBook V3+, Kobo eReader
Quote:
I don't know. I believe it was taken after a factory reset, but, I don't know if an update was done. I don't have a WiFi to test it on.

The alternative answer is:

The right one to get the device going.
10x one more time
Old 08-25-2019, 12:16 PM   #149
dexmor

Need sd image n647

Quote:
I have private messaging now enabled thanks to a moderator. Could you help me with the sd image for n647.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:51 PM   #150
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi