Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #1
wishingstar
Enthusiast
wishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Lenovo Android 10
Question Custom Series Metadata to Android Tablet

Hi,

I have a some custom metadata columns in Calibre that I use for books that are part of multiple series, for example:

Universe contains multiple series in multiple arcs, Book x can be #2 in its 'lower level' series, #13 in that particular arc, and #51 in the Universe reading order.

Currently, I'm using the following columns:
  1. series (default metadata) to store 'lower level' series order, in this example it would be 2
  2. #arcorder stores story arc info, in this case it would 13
  3. #readorder stores universe reading order, in this case 51

The books are all epub format.

Now, when I send the books to my android tablet (Using Moon+ Reader), only the default series information shows up. How do I get the custom columns to also get transferred? Would they be visible as their own findable fields in Moon Reader? Or would the only option be to embed them into something else like the book comments via a plugboard? (I just started reading about these, neat feature!)
wishingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All custom metadata is stored in epub files. You need to get your reader software to use it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2022, 10:28 PM   #3
wishingstar
Enthusiast
wishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheesewishingstar can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Lenovo Android 10
Smile

Thank you, I reached out to the app developer to see if there's a way to display custom metadata or if that can be added. I appreciate the prompt response Kovid!
wishingstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, custom metadata, metadata, send to device