Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.30.18838

Firmware 4.30.18838 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For all devices except the Mini.

From the Release Notes:

• Various Bug Fixes

• Stability Improvements

• My Wishlist is now moved to the More menu
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
For all devices except the Mini.

From the Release Notes:

• Various Bug Fixes

• Stability Improvements

Elipsa:

Introducing support for Kobo Audiobooks*

• Listen to Kobo Audiobooks* on Kobo Elipsa with your Bluetooth® headphones, car stereo, or speaker.

• Browse, search and purchase audiobooks directly from Discover > Audiobooks* or visit kobo.com.

• You can now filter by Audiobooks or eBooks in the My Books menu.

• My Wishlist is now moved to the More menu.

• To learn more about available subscriptions for Kobo Audiobooks* where you live, visit kobo.com.

•* Available in select countries only

Sage & Libra2:

• Various Bug Fixes
• Stability Improvements
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #4
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had trouble with my bluetooth Page-turner on Kobo e-reader (Elipsa).

it auto turns off bluetooth connection frequently if i dont keep using the Page-turner.
approximately 10~15 second after i turn the page.

anyone have the same problem?

is it possible to force bluetooth connection on ? (there is only force Wi-Fi on in the devmodeon)
Old 11-01-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
And he became somehow stretched. It's ugly. Can reduce the distance between the lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	1001
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	189970
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 06:37 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
And he became somehow stretched. It's ugly. Can reduce the distance between the lines.

Attachment 189970
The Sage shipped with this layout on 4.29.18730. If you think your list is long, the Sage has one additional item on the list, My Notebooks.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #7
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
If you think your list is long
I think the spacing between the lines is too big.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think the spacing between the lines is too long.
I get it. But, you have one less item which would make it even longer with said spacing.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:53 PM   #9
Semwize
Guru

@Skydog

))
In addition to too large an interval in the "More" list, I have no more negativity.

Updated, all patches are working fine (there are a few fixes) and I'm sure geek1011 will make a quick release.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:01 PM   #10
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Elipsa users now have an actual option to turn the Bluetooth off.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:25 PM   #11
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Very simple to add my bluetooth headphones on the Elipsa and start listening to one of my Kobo audiobooks. To be honest though I am not sure how often I will use this functionality instead of just using my phone.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:32 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This firmware should be going out to all devices (except the Mini). It is following the usual pattern of a few affiliates at first but should expand to other affiliates and locations later.

This is mainly a catch-up release for the other devices. The changes that I have seen are:
  • Battery status popup has changed:
    • Shows "eReader" followed by percentage.
    • Will show the battery status of the stylus and
    • Charging status displayed
      • Shows "Charging from USB".
      • I assume the Sage can show "Charging from Powercover" or something like that
      • If developers mode is turned on, there are some other details.
  • Wishlist moved to the "More" tab
  • The spacing on the "More" tab has changed.
  • PDFs:
    • Rotate button brought back
    • Dynamically set maximum zoom per device
  • Comic reader releasing resources properly. This should fix issue with the database being corrupted when connected to the PC after reading a comic.
  • Internal changes for Kobo Plus.

That is relative to the last general firmware release, 4.28.18220.

For calibre, the only change is to bump the supported version numbers. I have checked in this change and it should be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option on the driver.

Edit: Support for v4.30.18838 is now available in calibre 5.32.0.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-12-2021 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Fixed previous firmware version number.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:37 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
@Skydog

))
In addition to too large an interval in the "More" list, I have no more negativity.

Updated, all patches are working fine (there are a few fixes) and I'm sure geek1011 will make a quick release.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:10 PM   #14
UCCU666
Enthusiast

another bugs in latest official firmware 4.30.18838

when i turn on bluetooth , the Wi-Fi automatically turned on ....

i need to turn off Wi-Fi manually everytime i turn on bluetooth, it's annoying . . .
Old 11-02-2021, 08:12 PM   #15
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For calibre, the only change is to bump the supported version numbers. I have checked in this change and it should be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option on the driver.

Thanks for this note.
I got this:
Quote:
calibre, version 5.31.1
WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.

Discussion of any new Kobo firmware can be found in the Kobo forum at MobileRead. This is at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=223.

Device database version: 166.
Device firmware version: (4, 30, 18838)
But I did as you suggested. I guess when calibre updates to a later version, i should disable this "Attempt to support newer firmware" option, yes?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release