Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2021, 01:47 AM   #181
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
In fw 4.28.18220? If yes, Which version of the patch are you using?
I have cobbled something together here. Hope this helps.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:05 AM   #182
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
I have cobbled something together here. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

I used your files and it is working. I only used one patch (advanced font option for all fonts)

I uninstalled the nickelmenu first, install the patch/es and then reinstall nickelmenu.

Now my question is, if I want to add other patches (i am trying to find if there is a patch for the bottom margin to be smaller without removing the progress bar and book percentage), can I just install the new KoboRoot.tgz patch that i will generate (with new patches) on top of my current state that there is a nickelmenu? or do i have to uninstall nickelmenu everytime i will be installing patches?

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 10-03-2021 at 05:33 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2021, 06:13 AM   #183
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Thank you.

I used your files and it is working. I only used one patch (advanced font option for all fonts)

I uninstalled the nickelmenu first, install the patch/es and then reinstall nickelmenu.

Now my question is, if I want to add other patches (i am trying to find if there is a patch for the bottom margin to be smaller without removing the progress bar and book percentage), can I just install the new KoboRoot.tgz patch that i will generate (with new patches) on top of my current state that there is a nickelmenu? or do i have to uninstall nickelmenu everytime i will be installing patches?
You don't need to uninstall nickelmenu and install it again. You simply install new patches and Nickelmenu will continue to work. It resists trough new firmware and patches.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:19 AM   #184
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
You don't need to uninstall nickelmenu and install it again. You simply install new patches and Nickelmenu will continue to work. It resists trough new firmware and patches.
Thank you very much
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #185
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Anybody accomplished to log into Pocket after the firmware upgrade? i had to reset my Aura H20 and now i cannot log into Pocket anymore, it just reloads the page after entering the (correct) credentials.
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #186
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaOne View Post
Anybody accomplished to log into Pocket after the firmware upgrade? i had to reset my Aura H20 and now i cannot log into Pocket anymore, it just reloads the page after entering the (correct) credentials.
Just tried on a couple of my devices. With the first, it hadn't been signed into Pocket. When I tried signing in, after I entered my username and password, it displayed a generic "there was a problem, try again later" error after signing in. I actually restarted the device and when I tried again, their was a prompt to OK the application to use the account. I didn't have to sign in again and the articles downloaded.

When I tried a device that was signed into Pocket, the articles were not showing. I signed out and back in. This worked and the articles were downloaded.

What I suspect has happened is that the Kobo Pocket application has changed in some way that Pocket is requiring it to be authorised again. Or this is a change on Pocket. I think that is why the signed in devices were not working and why signing in on the first device needed to steps. It might have just needed a token to be recreated.

If trying again doesn't help, I suggest checking your Pocket account. In the settings there is a section for connected apps and devices. If Kobo is listed there, click the "Remove access". This will reset the permissions. Then signout of the Pocket account on the device if it is showing as signed in and try signing in again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:19 AM   #187
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaOne View Post
I am signed in to Pocket on 4.28.18220. Like you, I had an issue signing in and can't for the life of me remember what I did. I think it was something to do with the way the log in page displayed on the Kobo?

Try starting a thread on it.

Maybe this weekend I can sign out and sign back in to see if I can remember what the issue was.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:33 AM   #188
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If trying again doesn't help, I suggest checking your Pocket account. In the settings there is a section for connected apps and devices. If Kobo is listed there, click the "Remove access". This will reset the permissions. Then signout of the Pocket account on the device if it is showing as signed in and try signing in again.
I just deleted the connection in my pocket account and will try on the Kobo in the evening (morning in central europe at the moment)
Pocket is the main reason i stick to Kobo, i cannot live without it.

Last edited by KoopaOne; 10-07-2021 at 03:34 AM. Reason: love for pocket
Old 10-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #189
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Thanks so much again davidfor, this did the trick. Signed back in to Pocket and currently syncing all my articles. Me's happy!

Tags
firmware, firmware release