Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-21-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
morty92222
Enthusiast
morty92222 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How can I make multiple paragraphs on one page in Sigil?

I know the title sounds weird. However, I can't seem to understand how to do so.

I have a fair knowledge in html and css. I put <p> tags along with </p> around my paragraphs. For the sake of the question lets say that I only have one Sigil page which constitute a chapter. I have 5 big paragraphs that are wrapped with <p>. When I view that Epub on iBooks on Mac only a small part of the first paragraph shows. The entire book shows up on iPhones though.

I also noticed that there are many empty pages even though my book only got that one chapter with these 5 paragraphs.

Thank you.
morty92222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You probably have incorrect xhtml. Try running Mend onit by right clicking in the CodeView window and running Reformat Xhtml Mend.

Unlike html, proper opening and closing tags are needed.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2021, 02:07 PM   #3
morty92222
Enthusiast
morty92222 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
You probably have incorrect xhtml. Try running Mend onit by right clicking in the CodeView window and running Reformat Xhtml Mend.

Unlike html, proper opening and closing tags are needed.
I am sure I got every closing tag. I ran these tests and mended it. Is there anything else I can try?
morty92222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
So if you turn pages in Books it now shows the full chapter or only the first paragraph? Note, page size in not fixed in reflowable formats, so Just how big is each paragraph?

You might want to take a screen shot that shows the code ar the point where the paragraphs are missing? Does everything show in Preview if you scroll?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html, ibook, mac, sigil