Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 09:49 PM   #241
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:50 PM   #242
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
Hi Davidfor!
Could I also request a link to the n647 firmware? My vintage kobo refused to work after updating to 1.9.12 :-(
Advert
Old 06-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #243
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:59 PM   #244
tomomo
tomomo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 647 B
Hi Davidfor

Can I please get a copy of the firmware for N647B? It looks like it wont connect to wifi and see my books, if I can reset it maybe I can solve both issues.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2022, 10:25 PM   #245
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomo View Post
Can I please get a copy of the firmware for N647B? It looks like it wont connect to wifi and see my books, if I can reset it maybe I can solve both issues.
I have sent a PM, but, then I read the request properly. I don't think this will help.

Kobo dropped support for older devices such as the WiFi about 3.5 years ago. This was because they had to remove older security protocols from their servers as they were no longer considered secure. Since then, I do not think the WiFi can connect to the server to get books. I think the support is still in the desktop app, but, I am not sure. Kobo did send an email out about this at the time and it was discussed a lot at the time and occasionally since.
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 10:48 PM   #246
tomomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have sent a PM, but, then I read the request properly. I don't think this will help.

Kobo dropped support for older devices such as the WiFi about 3.5 years ago. This was because they had to remove older security protocols from their servers as they were no longer considered secure. Since then, I do not think the WiFi can connect to the server to get books. I think the support is still in the desktop app, but, I am not sure. Kobo did send an email out about this at the time and it was discussed a lot at the time and occasionally since.
Thanks Davidfor,

Thanks!

Ok sorry maybe I should have clarified, was not talking about seeing my books on the online store, meant that when I load books in pdf or epub, they don't show up on the N647B which is strange because I see wthem on the computer when I open the Kobo drive. I put them in the root folder and also tried to send to device from Calibre but the result is the same, they are not visible on the device. Do you know if there is another fix or should I just go ahead and reinstall the image? Thanks again.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:56 PM   #247
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok sorry maybe I should have clarified, was not talking about seeing my books on the online store, meant that when I load books in pdf or epub, they don't show up on the N647B which is strange because I see wthem on the computer when I open the Kobo drive. I put them in the root folder and also tried to send to device from Calibre but the result is the same, they are not visible on the device. Do you know if there is another fix or should I just go ahead and reinstall the image? Thanks again.
In that case, you need to use the image. That is a fairly common problem and using the image is the only way I have heard of that will fix it.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:16 PM   #248
tomomo

Quote:
In that case, you need to use the image. That is a fairly common problem and using the image is the only way I have heard of that will fix it.
Thanks for the reply Davidfor. I was able to get epub files on it without using the image but when I add a pdf, all the files I have added disappear, pdf files should be supported I believe. do you know if there is a filesize limit on Pdfs? The only thing I can think of is that they are too large. Otherwise I can give the image a shot, just thought to ask maybe you know. Thanks again for your help
Old 07-23-2022, 10:18 PM   #249
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Davidfor. I was able to get epub files on it without using the image but when I add a pdf, all the files I have added disappear, pdf files should be supported I believe. do you know if there is a filesize limit on Pdfs? The only thing I can think of is that they are too large. Otherwise I can give the image a shot, just thought to ask maybe you know. Thanks again for your help
Sorry, I have no idea. I have tried PDFs that were over 100MB on my ereaders, but, they are newer running the current firmware. But, is it worth it? PDF on any of the ereaders is not that good. The WiFi has lower resolution, slower CPU, less RAM than the current devices. I don't think that you will have a good experience with PDFs on this device.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:52 PM   #250
Nikkinoo
Nikkinoo began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647
You mentioned a PM image?

Hello David or other, I hope all is well with you and yours? You said you have sent a PM about an image? I don't understand, or where it is accessible. I have a kobo n647 that somehow I have lost the 1.9.12 driver by doing a hard reset. Now it won't connect with my computer that won't recognize it. I am not sure I am wasting your time, because I am not a developer. I lost all the pre-installed classics somehow before that. I would like to use it with an external SD card (not sure what kind) to read books as it is an old device and I am unable to download books directly onto the reader. Sorry about my lack of knowledge. I hate to discard it if I can get it working. I would be satisfied with 1.9.10, as it apparently is more compatible with external SD cards. It reads epub text documents. I can get books from the library I think. Thank you for any advice, Nikki
Old 08-23-2022, 07:00 AM   #251
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Nikkinoo: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:38 PM   #252
nioxoin
nioxoin began at the beginning.

Device: n647
i need too

Quote:
@Nikkinoo: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
pls sent me image, thanks
Old 11-01-2022, 12:49 AM   #253
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioxoin View Post
pls sent me image, thanks
Sorry but you need to have Private Messaging enabled. Please try a post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-01-2022 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-23-2022, 09:24 PM   #254
goldenmeadow
goldenmeadow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
@davidfor:
I'd like to add fonts to this reader... Is it possible?
Or, generally speaking - I'd like to read books in Ukrainian... I read about some fb2ePub converter but looks like it's long dead... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-24-2022, 07:57 PM   #255
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
calibre should have perfectly fine FB2 support, which in turn should allow it to spit out a perfectly serviceable ePub for use on your device.

(Assuming the old, old, old FW releases used on this model had decent Cyrillic coverage/support; that was before my time, so I can't really say. Should behave just fine on anything since the Touch (included), though).
Closed Thread

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi