Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #1
GintaX
GintaX began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle (10th Gen)
Question Bug with Page Numbers No Longer Available? (Update 13.1)

After updating to 13.1, my Kindle 10th Gen will reach a certain point in the book (50% through or so) and the option to view by page will no longer be available. Can someone else see if this is reproducible?

1. Open a book that has page numbers

2. Read or Page Skip to about 50% in.

3. The Page Number option is grayed out, and is no longer available. Even if you back track to a spot where pages were available. You can only track this book by LOC or reading speed.

I have reset, re-downloaded and checked the files on my Kindle. Nothing fixes this bug. I have reproduced this bug using the Cradle Series on Kindle Unlimited and the Lord of the Rings series on Kindle Unlimited. Is this just a Unlimited bug or part of the new update?
GintaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I would test but I just checked my Paperwhite and Oasis and neither has the automatic update available. I will have to manually update them, which is too time consuming right now since I need to go to bed. I'll try it tomorrow if no one else does before I get a chance to and see if I can duplicate the bug

Just to double check, I see it works fine on the current software below 13.1.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
GintaX
GintaX began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle (10th Gen)
I tried another one of my books that wasn't tied to Kindle Unlimited (The Alloy of Law) and it seemed fine (at least after page skip), probably because this book had more predefined page numbers set by the publisher. But it seems weird that the Kindle Unlimited books would have this problem, especially since I'm sure the publishers of Lord of the Rings would code for pages up until the end.

I tried adjusting the font on Cradle and LoTR, thinking maybe that would reset it, but nothing has been working as of yet. Just turned off the tracking since seeing LOC instead of the page number irritates me a little bit haha.
GintaX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, update issue