Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
h0bbes
h0bbes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-350
Smile Pictures: Pink 300 + Sony red cover + custom cover

I received my long-awaited PRS-300 and cover about a week ago and have been in love with it ever since. Here are some pictures for colour reference in case any of you can't view one in real life before buying like me (Sony doesn't have plans to bring their Readers into my country because the market is apparently too small ). The pink 300 is much nicer in real life than the pictures on the sonystyle site; the buttons aren't so girly pink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Cover.JPG
Views:	591
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	37950 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink 300 & Red Cover.JPG
Views:	1294
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	37951

The standard red leather cover is very pretty, but after a few days of use, I realised I preferred having a non-leather cover because my palms get sweaty at times and touching leather feels a little icky. I have some book jackets/covers bought during my Japan trips and they're made of rather sturdy fabric materials, so I put the 300 into the jacket that was the best fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover 1.JPG
Views:	600
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	37952 Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover Inside.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	37953 Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover Outside.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	37954 Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover Side.JPG
Views:	564
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	37955

The jacket flap inside is just a tad short of the original strip to secure it, so I added a strip of ribbon to hold the flap. I'll replace it with a black ribbon once I get the chance to purchase one.

Now I can hold my 300 without any worries about my sweaty palms dirtying the pretty leather cover I can also change the jacket if I get tired of this design! I'm glad I got the Sony cover because it's still useful - I need it to hold the reader before I can slip the book jacket on.
h0bbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
FragFrog
Connoisseur
FragFrog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Very nicely done, I must say that does look good!

(Although you won't find me buying a pink reader with matching cover, ever )
FragFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
helenching78
helenching78 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS 300
Yes, that's also what I'm thinking of. I didn't buy the rose pink book cover though. I got the black one.
Regrettabily, so far, none of my fabric book jacket fits the official sony book cover. Because I tend to buy those which just fit my Japanese book. The pocket reader is 5 mm bigger than a regular Japanese book.
I'll have to wait until I go to Japan next time. Or, just buy some fabric and make one myself.
helenching78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Thanks for the photos, h0bbes!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
CarolB
Connoisseur
CarolB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Very pretty!!
CarolB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Pretty in pink..... if I was a lass I would like that

As it stands I shall stick with my Silver Bullet one.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pink 300, red cover