Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Advice on Removing Books

I have over 3000 books on my Fire, and, surprise surprise, it is not running very well. I thought about doing a Factory Reset, but I am concerned that all my Amazon books may come up on the carousel, and I will have to remove them one by one. On the other hand, if I just remove the content in the books and docs folders, will that clear the memory if I then do a reset? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Well, lots of views but no advice, so here are my results. Hooking the kindle up to my computer and cleaning out books didn't get rid of them (I don't understand it, either). I reset after I cleaned them out, and they were still there. So, I did a factory reset. Then, I created a virtual library in Calibre that had all my non-kindle books. About 4,000. I limited myself to the first book in a series, a couple books by an author and books I had truly been itching to read (I forgot about Redme, Flaming Alphabet, even Gone Girl). Took a couple hours, but my kindle is like new!! BTW, my fear, that all of my kindle books would be on the carousel, did not come true. Funny thing is, books I have deleted out of my kindle library (put them in trash, so I could get them back if I wished) all show up! Weird.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM #11
Dragle
Dragle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire orig + HD8.9, Kindle PW

You can get rid of them by clearing the cache of your kindle reader app, under Settings--Applications.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advice I was given earlier in the year to get rid of ebooks I side loaded they kept going int the DOCs files It worked for me maybe it will help you.

No clue why you fire is slow mine is maxed out still runs fine.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote