Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
mamasue
Zealot
mamasue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo users in Victoria, Australia ~ please help

I have noticed there are a few Aussies who are members here and hope I can access some help

Can any of you who live in Victoria direct me to a Borders or A&R who you KNOW has the .4 upgrade on an SD card?

My reader died 48 hrs ago and I don't have the ability to do the upgrade myself.

I'd also be interested to hear if you have had further problems post .4 upgrade.

TIA
mamasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Another option you might consider is you could place a customer request direct at Kobo. Explain the issue and request an SD card upgrade sent out to you. The only drawback is that it might take a little time for it to arrive.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mamasue.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
mamasue
Zealot

thanks for the response, sabredog ... and the welcome desertgrandma...I've been a lurker for a while! LOL

I've been communicating with David, the Manager of Kobo Customer Care in Canada - who I must say has been fantastic!

and ... I have located a Borders store in Melbourne where a young woman who worked for Kobo until recently is doing the flash upgrades for customers. They have also been very supportive.

It will be a 5+ hours trip for me, but one I think will be well worth making.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Great news mamasue. It will be worth the effort
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
That's terrific--glad you unlurked.

Vicki AKA taming
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Another option might be to make own SD card and reflash yourself.
Spite it is not bad to have help from service people if the problem is
of hardware kind.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
mamasue
Zealot

Thanks for your reply

Make my own SD card and reflash it myself? You may as well advise me to build a rocket! LOL

I do not have the knowledge required for either task ~ so I'll make that 5-hour trip.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #9
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasue View Post
Make my own SD card and reflash it myself? You may as well advise me to build a rocket! LOL
I do not have the knowledge required for either task ~ so I'll make that 5-hour trip.
With a little bit of investigation you will have. It is a matter of "silo".
They all tell you you are not smart enough. They know it better. They
will make it for you. You have to listen what they point you to do. I
don't buy it! I bet (2 cents?) you will do it after reading "sticky".
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #10
mamasue
Zealot

Quote:
I bet (2 cents?) you will do it after reading "sticky".
You lose!!!

I've read the sticky 4 times now and I have no idea of what most of it means.

It's not about 'silos' - it's about a simple inability to understand computer technology.

There are, however, other things at which I excel!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:56 AM   #11
billingd
Enthusiast
billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasue View Post
I have noticed there are a few Aussies who are members here and hope I can access some help

Can any of you who live in Victoria direct me to a Borders or A&R who you KNOW has the .4 upgrade on an SD card?

My reader died 48 hrs ago and I don't have the ability to do the upgrade myself.

I'd also be interested to hear if you have had further problems post .4 upgrade.

TIA
I live in Melbourne. I could post you an SD card.
billingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #12
mamasue
Zealot

You are a life saver!

Can I please adopt you??? LOL
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
videomilk
videomilk began at the beginning.

yeah I'm in melb as well, I'll post you one if you need. Don't drive 5+ hours for that.
videomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
mamasue
Zealot

I'm sorted now thanks so much

once I've had a go at flashing will let y'alls know the outcome!