Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
aan
aan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
New nook owner, couple questions

So I have been reading on my nook wifi...love it so far but I have a couple questions.

I loaded a book from Adobe Reader to my nook today, but it only shows up in "my documents" with the nook tutorials. Is there anyway to get it to show up with the rest of my books?

Also, is there any kind of dedicated software for the nook (like how ipods/iphones have the itunes program) that would allow me to organize things while on my computer?

Thanks for the help!
aan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
aan
aan began at the beginning.

Sorry one more question: what is the main difference between epub and adobe pdf versions of books? will they read the same way on the nook?
aan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look at Caliber for organizing your books. It's free.

PDFs usually don't reflow to the screen size very well, which is to say, they don't work as well as epubs (which are the native format).
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by aan View Post
I loaded a book from Adobe Reader to my nook today, but it only shows up in "my documents" with the nook tutorials. Is there anyway to get it to show up with the rest of my books?
No, for what ever reason B&N has decided to keep sideloaded books separate instead of integrating them into the library with books bought from B&N.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
epub versions will "reflow", regardless of font size, etc. pdf versions will appear exactly as they were scanned, and you navigate through a pdf document much as you do on your PC.

epub is *always* the preferable format for documents on your NC.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by aan View Post
So I have been reading on my nook wifi...love it so far but I have a couple questions.

No. B&N segregates its content from anything you get from any other source.

If you can it is preferable to get epubs to PDF on the nook--they flow better.

Quote:
Also, is there any kind of dedicated software for the nook (like how ipods/iphones have the itunes program) that would allow me to organize things while on my computer?
Try Calibre.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
No, for what ever reason B&N has decided to keep sideloaded books separate instead of integrating them into the library with books bought from B&N.
Yes, that's one of the annoying things about Nook. However, if you get a memory card, you can go around that by simply sideloading EVERYTHING to the memory card, so that you have all your documents in one place. I think you don't get cover flow if you do that, but I never use that feature anyway.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote