Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
Dave M
Dave M began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Using Kindle Oasis case less?

Just received my new Oasis today and as you know it does not come with a case as did Oasis 1. I can’t seem to find a good leather case similar to the one on the original Oasis so I’m just wondering how many people use their Oasis without a case? It seems pretty durable and I’m pretty careful with my Kindles so maybe I’ll try using case less?

What do you guys think? Anyone not use a case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
It should be OK around home or the office. You might want to get a sleeve for carrying it around.

You can use the box it came in to pack it for travel.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It should be OK around home or the office. You might want to get a sleeve for carrying it around.

You can use the box it came in to pack it for travel.
Why would you take the Oasis to the office and use it there without a case? That's risky.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I don't have a case for my Oasis 2, but then I only use it at home and never take it out of the house. I put it in a sleeve when not reading.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would you take the Oasis to the office and use it there without a case? That's risky.
Because it is actually not very risky as you have been told for years by multiple people that have been doing it without trouble for years.

When the 7" Oasis is being used (cover open) the case is providing almost no actual protection.

So, you have backed off your previous stance on going caseless around home?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert