Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Collections on Kobo Auro One

I'm not sure this is the right place for this so feel free to direct me elsewhere.

I had a Kobo a few years ago, and now I have a Auro One.

When I synced a few dozen books to it via Calibre, it recreated a huge list of collections that I had once created. Now, I can' get rid of those collections (which are all empty), and I can't get it to use the new ones based on the current column i have selected in the plug in. I'm not even sure where in Calibre that list of columns was stored.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:07 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

How are your creating those collections? With Kobo Extended Driver? If so, you should try to configure the driver for getting the new collections.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2016, 07:09 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Also those Empty Collections could possibly have been synced back to the device via Kobo Desktop or WiFi. There have been issues in the past where spurious collections were present in the Kobo cloud; the easiest way to clean these out is to use the Kobo Utilities calibre plugin.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I will try all this tonight. (Forgot my Kobo at home.)
Old 09-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #5
kaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Also those Empty Collections could possibly have been synced back to the device via Kobo Desktop or WiFi. There have been issues in the past where spurious collections were present in the Kobo cloud; the easiest way to clean these out is to use the Kobo Utilities calibre plugin.
I have the Kobo Utilities installed, but I can't find a place to delete all of the existing collections.

I have the kobotouchextended installed and its not creating collections based on the column I selected.

I tried disabling Kobo Read device interface and KoboTouch, and that didn't do anything either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-27-2016, 10:19 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I have the Kobo Utilities installed, but I can't find a place to delete all of the existing collections.
The utilities plugin doesn't have functions for "normal" collection management. It does have a function to cleanup duplicate collections. This is only useful if there are multiple collections with the same name.
Quote:
I have the kobotouchextended installed and its not creating collections based on the column I selected.

I tried disabling Kobo Read device interface and KoboTouch, and that didn't do anything either.
Disabling the "Kobo Read device interface" won't matter as that is for the oldest devices. If you use the extended driver, then the "KoboTouch" driver should be disabled.

If the collections aren't being managed properly buy the driver, it usually means the configuration is wrong. The most common problem is that on the "Sending books to devices" page of the calibre preferences, that "Metadata management" is not set to automatic. Then you need to make sure the options selected in the driver are correct. So, the column names in the collection columns field are correct and with a "#" for custom columns, and as you want to create collections, the create option selected.

If the options are correct and the collections do not get created the next time you connect to calibre, I need to see a debug log. Restart calibre in debug mode, connect the device and let the connection jobs run. When finished, close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the full contents of the log. I can usually work out what is wrong from that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:49 PM   #7
kaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the collections aren't being managed properly buy the driver, it usually means the configuration is wrong. The most common problem is that on the "Sending books to devices" page of the calibre preferences, that "Metadata management" is not set to automatic.
That Was it. Thanks so much. This was making me crazy.