Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
homesikalien
homesikalien began at the beginning.

DPT-RP1 screen issue

Recently, I found that there is an area of the digital paper that cannot be marked or written. Please take a look at the attached screen capture then you will understand. Does anyone know why or have this issue too? I've tried resetting but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DP_20200424_0025.png
Views:	650
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	178639  
homesikalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #2
Hyeronimus
Hyeronimus began at the beginning.

Device: SONY DPT-RP1
Exactly same problem here

Hi, i have a Sony DPT-RP1 device with exactly same issue, initially, I thought it was a magnetic thing, but researched here and some prople said that WEAK magnetic things cant harm the screen, so im still researching. Interestingly, I have 2 DPT-RP1 and this problem appeared in both.

Check this link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...t=6922&page=19
User "arivero" says: "A weak magnet do not reverse the eink. I have tested in all the magnets I had at home." Note he said "weak", not strong...

Do you remember let your device near a strong magnetic field? The nearest magnetic thing near my device was my iPad, and I dont think that it was my iPad that caused that blank void column...

Im thinking to contact Sony or another source about this problem, but since I heard that Sony is giving up this line of products... The options are few now. I know there are a hacking team that develops new fratures for RP1, with certain knowledge about hardware and software. Maybe asking them, we can at least diagnose the causes.

Or we can ask arivero about it.

WHat you think?
Hyeronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 10:39 AM   #3
homesikalien
homesikalien began at the beginning.

If you visit one of Sony's support sites, you'll come across many people with the same issue. The Sony moderator will just ask you a couple of questions then you'll never hear back. I'm so disappointed with the RP1. It clearly should be recalled. Whatever, I'm never ever going to buy another Digital Paper. Sony can go and ... !!!
homesikalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #4
julenuri
julenuri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and Sony DPC
Unhappy Screen Issue - Afraid

People talk about this issue here... And I'm a little afraid to see this happening in mine.

I don't have (yet) any issue. And I wish it shouldn't.

One question I have. The not drawing lines can be watched on the computer (what should mean that the issue is in the screen or the hard that makes this show up) or it doesn't (what should mean that the issue is in the touchscreen thing or the communication between the pen and the screen)?

https://us.community.sony.com/s/ques...ks?language=es
julenuri is offline   Reply With Quote