Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #3241
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Each dictionary in a dedicated folder in there would be better to keep things tidy, but, essentially, yes.
Thank you. THis may be a stupid question, but the files in the screenshot - are they not all just one dictionary? The all have the same name, so they could all go into an "Oxford 2nd Ed" directory, is that right? I'm unlikely to install multiple dictionaries at the moment.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:52 PM   #3242
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, yeah, that's what I meant .

e.g.,

Code:
/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/data/dict/
├── academie-fr-1935
│** ├── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.dict.dz
│** ├── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.idx
│** ├── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.idx.oft
│** └── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.ifo
├── etymonline
│** ├── stardict.dict.dz
│** ├── stardict.idx
│** ├── stardict.idx.oft
│** ├── stardict.ifo
│** └── stardict.syn
├── gcide
│** ├── stardict.dict.dz
│** ├── stardict.idx
│** ├── stardict.idx.oft
│** ├── stardict.ifo
│** └── stardict.syn
└── xmlittre
    ├── stardict.dict.dz
    ├── stardict.idx
    ├── stardict.idx.oft
    ├── stardict.ifo
    └── stardict.syn

4 directories, 19 files
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #3243
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Each dictionary in a dedicated folder in there would be better to keep things tidy, but, essentially, yes.
Thanks!
Old 01-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #3244
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Oh, yeah, that's what I meant .

e.g.,

Code:
/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/data/dict/
├── academie-fr-1935
│** ├── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.dict.dz
│** ├── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.idx
│** ├── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.idx.oft
│** └── academie-fr-1935.xdxf.ifo
├── etymonline
│** ├── stardict.dict.dz
│** ├── stardict.idx
│** ├── stardict.idx.oft
│** ├── stardict.ifo
│** └── stardict.syn
├── gcide
│** ├── stardict.dict.dz
│** ├── stardict.idx
│** ├── stardict.idx.oft
│** ├── stardict.ifo
│** └── stardict.syn
└── xmlittre
    ├── stardict.dict.dz
    ├── stardict.idx
    ├── stardict.idx.oft
    ├── stardict.ifo
    └── stardict.syn

4 directories, 19 files
Thanks - I was attempting to brain before coffee, so had to be EXTRA careful.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:59 AM   #3245
LyrasDeamon
LyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: none
Hi everyone, I just installed KOReader (am updated to the latest fw) and it's running really slowly- takes ages to respond to me calling up the menu or trying to turn a page. Not only that but it seems to have changed my book cover sizes on Nickel. Previously they filled the whole screen and now they're so small. Did changing the screensaver settings on KO Reader somehow impact Nickel?

It's not all negative- I really like the footer as that's what i had on my old kindle and the reading time settings are so much better than Nickel's! II also like that it uses all the screen space and allows me to really control how I use the Kobo light. It's just running so slowly. Could it be a problem with my installation? I used the one click package and tried to install plato as well and that didn't work.
LyrasDeamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #3246
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You've failed to mention which device you're using. And an actual screenshot of what you're talking about on nickel would help, because the two are completely orthogonal, so that's probably something else, and that'll probably help explain the rest, which also makes no sense ;p.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:41 PM   #3247
LyrasDeamon
LyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Quote:
You've failed to mention which device you're using. And an actual screenshot of what you're talking about on nickel would help, because the two are completely orthogonal, so that's probably something else, and that'll probably help explain the rest, which also makes no sense ;p.
Hi, yes, sorry I've been on so many different threads that I forgot to give a decent background because I forgot which one I was on. I'm using the Kobo Libra H20 and I installed KOReader yesterday (with great difficulty). For extra context, I use Calibre and the PrettifyCover plugin for most of my books. Here's what I see now when my screen is asleep on Nickel: https://ibb.co/xsnV3Qh
Much smaller than my usual screensaver and I no longer have that neat little tab that says it's sleeping and gives me information on charging etc.

Apologies for the lack of rotation and the background but here's what it looks like on KOReader when it goes to sleep (with a different book because the picture above is from a library book):
https://ibb.co/ynPQydG

I've checked with a variety of books and it all looks odd on Nickel when sleeping, whether it's sideloaded or from the library. It looks correct and fills the screen in KOReader.

The reason I said KOReader seems to be affecting my Nickel settings (I know they shouldn't really affect each other) is because my backlight, how I turn the page and my screensaver changed in Nickel after I changed settings in KOReader and didn't touch anything else.

I was also saying that KOReader is really slow for me and it takes around 6-10 seconds to respond to anything I tell it to do. I hope this is clearer, posting when tired and frustrated clearly isn't the most useful thing to do!

Last edited by LyrasDeamon; 01-31-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Photos didn't work
Old 01-31-2021, 01:09 PM   #3248
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LyrasDeamon:

* That might just be nickel's "show information" setting, which I can't remember the name of right now. I've never used that, so I honestly can't tell you when it does this vs. when it does the popup-thingy. Probably a setting or a patch. Completely unrelated to KOReader, though.

* That plugin is entirely unnecessary, and actually actively harmful on Kobo. The Kobo driver handles all of that much better all on its own, c.f., its own settings, which offer ample options about how to treat the cover thumbnails.
(You generally shouldn't care about the actual in-book cover, and should leave it in its native state, both Nickel and KOReader will do right by it when paging to it).

EDIT: Speaking of, the Kobo Utilities plugin has a "Send cover thumbnails" option that goes through the driver, and as such might very well fix issue number one in the process .

* The frontlight setting *is* actually the only thing that is kept in sync (both ways) with Nickel .

* As for the interactivity issue, that should *really* not be the case, unless you're specifically talking about modifying settings inside an ePub that actively affect its rendering, as *that* will take some time. But general navigation in menus, books & stuff should be pretty much instantaneous.

EDIT: See this post for the kind of reactivity you should be seeing.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-31-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:04 PM   #3249
LyrasDeamon

Quote:
@LyrasDeamon:

* That might just be nickel's "show information" setting, which I can't remember the name of right now. I've never used that, so I honestly can't tell you when it does this vs. when it does the popup-thingy. Probably a setting or a patch. Completely unrelated to KOReader, though.

* That plugin is entirely unnecessary, and actually actively harmful on Kobo. The Kobo driver handles all of that much better all on its own, c.f., its own settings, which offer ample options about how to treat the cover thumbnails.
(You generally shouldn't care about the actual in-book cover, and should leave it in its native state, both Nickel and KOReader will do right by it when paging to it).

EDIT: Speaking of, the Kobo Utilities plugin has a "Send cover thumbnails" option that goes through the driver, and as such might very well fix issue number one in the process .

* The frontlight setting *is* actually the only thing that is kept in sync (both ways) with Nickel .

* As for the interactivity issue, that should *really* not be the case, unless you're specifically talking about modifying settings inside an ePub that actively affect its rendering, as *that* will take some time. But general navigation in menus, books & stuff should be pretty much instantaneous.

EDIT: See this post for the kind of reactivity you should be seeing.
Hmm, that's all helpful thank you so much! I'll stop using the plug in! I don't think I've done anything to affect the epub's rendering, I haven't gone *really* deep inside the settings because there are so many! I've had a look at the videos on that thread and wow, it's night and day in comparison to what I'm getting. I'm wondering if it might be worth uninstalling KOReader and trying to install it again?
Old 01-31-2021, 07:04 PM   #3250
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It vaguely feels like something is spinning like crazy hogging the CPU or something, which is... weird, because there should basically be nothing running.

An uninstall/reinstall can't hurt, but probably won't change much. I'd go the nuclear option, which means a full factory reset (a real one, via the devmenu or button gymnastics, not the one publicly visible in the menu), but that's fairly annoying, since it wipes the device (content, account, FW version, the whole shebang).
Old 02-09-2021, 04:36 AM   #3251
ahdemir81
ahdemir81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2. Ed
Unfortunately I cannot open the send2ebook program on my Android phone, the program automatically closes, it gives an error. My phone is Samsung Note 8 and my phone is rooted.
Help
Thanks
ahdemir81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:43 AM   #3252
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm afraid that repository is archived and deprecated.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:03 AM   #3253
i-min
i-min began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Hello everyone
I updated Koreader to version 02-2021, but I don't see same changes in the bottom menu-there is no new tab (easily configurable row and column modes have also been added. The direction arrows make it easy to switch between different routes to navigate the page.)
What am I doing wrong?
(Kobo-mini. firmware 4.25. update "on air"
i-min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:27 AM   #3254
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you're asking about the row and column modes, those are only for paged media like PDF, DjVu, and CBZ. Those don't exist for EPUB because… well, what use would they be?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #3255
i-min
i-min began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Thanks! This is what I was looking for! Why isn't it written about this? Or am I looking bad?
i-min is offline   Reply With Quote